Orca Edge inside

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dutch-Diver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Got myself an Orca Edge, a metric one since I live in Europe.
It´s still working and I want to dive with it next to my Perdix.
The Idea is to see them working next to each other. :)

Question: is there anything known about the electronics inside, the software, pictures, manuals, etc.
I don´t dare to open it because it´s still working fine.
Furthermore I´m interested in the history of the production at that time in the 80´s.

hope someone has some information.

I'll see if I have a disassembled one.

Battery and electronics compartments have only silicone sealant separating them. I have successfully soldered new battery leads on computers that leaked or had broken over the years.

I have manuals, what would you like to see?

Compared to a Perdix it will be similar on NDL for the first dive but get more liberal as you do more dives in a day. This will be more pronounced as you go deeper.

@100days-a-year nice to hear that you know what´s inside the bric.
I had to fix my battery wires to and a new o-ring, but the battery compartment is clean.
I do have a manual but that one is for imperial and I´m not shure if there is a metric manual at all.
What I´m looking for is technical information about the inside electronics, scheme, wiring, picture, anything will do.

All my manuals are Imperial, sorry. I looked last night and all my EDGEs are sealed up. I remember it just being a simple circuit board. The little case screws are pretty robust but due too age need to be removed and replaced gently. I've got about a dozen and all work to some degree, the screens can fade and some take a while to warm up.

Got myself an Orca Edge, a metric one since I live in Europe.
It´s still working and I want to dive with it next to my Perdix.
The Idea is to see them working next to each other. :)

Question: is there anything known about the electronics inside, the software, pictures, manuals, etc.
I don´t dare to open it because it´s still working fine.
Furthermore I´m interested in the history of the production at that time in the 80´s.

hope someone has some information.

This is awesome ! I'd like to see such an old computer still in working order and moreover as a companion to a Perdrix ! Isn't that luxury ? :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom