Review OrcaTorch D530 Test and Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

passedoutwookie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was recently given the opportunity to try the OrcaTorch D530 by another Scubaboard member during my Intro to Cave course this past weekend. I'm in the process of upgrading my lights so I was eager to give it a shot! The D530 is nice and compact so it lends itself well to a backup light for cave dives or a general purpose light for open water dives. I added a bolt snap and carried it in my drysuit pocket clipped to a D ring. I used it several times while practicing primary light failures and ended up using it for quite awhile on a couple of the dives. The beam is powerful and tight, great for signaling. Overall build quality and function is on par with other premium quality lights. The push button switch was crisp and responsive. Battery life is really impressive. I did a battery test comparing it to the Sealife 1300 using matching batteries and found that the Orca outlasted the Sealife by quite awhile. I ended up turning the Orca off and going to bed at 5 hours. All and all, a great little light and I would recommend it! I plan on clipping it to my BP/W for open water dives this summer and will definitely be using it as a backup for my cave dives.

Screen Shot 2023-04-24 at 10.29.10 AM.jpeg
Screen Shot 2023-04-24 at 10.33.19 AM.jpeg
Screen Shot 2023-04-24 at 10.34.09 AM.jpeg

First photo is right after turning both lights on. Second picture is 2 hours and 15 minutes later.

IMG_7650.jpeg
IMG_7653.jpeg

Just wanted to add a little follow up after getting a few more dives in with this little light. Still impressed with battery life and power. I did a night dive last week on a flounder hunting mission and didn't realize but my rubber band had turned the light on when I put it on my shoulder strap. The light lasted the entire dive and still had plenty of juice when I finally realized it had been on.

For anyone interested here is the link to where I purchased it, , sold by OrcaTorch Amazon Store: Outdoor Equipment Expert. Shipping was quick and I've been talking back and forth with the seller a good bit asking about specs and other lights (just pulled the trigger on a D630 and am very happy with it also) and they have been very responsive and helpful. All in all it's proving to be a good light and I am happy with customer support!

Back
Top Bottom