OrcaTorch D620 vs. Brynite Div10 vs. Archon DH30

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wwunder

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey all, I have been thinking about picking up one of these canister lights and am leaning towards the D620, but there aren't very many reviews of this light. I thought I would ask on here if anyone has any sage advice.

The reason I am leaning towards the D620 are the single emitter, goodman handle and the switch on the lighthead. The Brynite Div10 seems to have a good following on here so its a definite contender. I decided to throw in the Archon because I see its in a similar price range and I like the switch on the head.

Thanks!

I am in the process of testing the DIV10 as we speak. It's performed well over the first week of relatively gentle diving.... and is going through some technical wreck diving in the coming days.

I also had three DIV12 backups. I like the quality, beam etc.... but one failed and flooded on the first dive. I will be contacting Brinyte soon to see what their response is to that.

Just had my div10w (prototype from 2015) die last week, something with the mainboard I've not diagnosed yet. Had 1340 hours on it, good to 330ft. Using it as a video light for macro, a general light and a primary for cave diving. The newer version is better (based on my feedback) with an improved SWITCH (stronger magnet and supposedly a rust proof spring) , auto low voltage cut off better adjusted (it would prematurely die in cold water needlessly) and more flexible/durable cord (the old one is poor quality and very stiff so it broke 4 times, poor strain relief) . They didn't fix the 3 tiny orings. They are prone to wearing out. I haven't tried the other models you mentioned.

Regards,
Cameron

A friend of mine has the Archon Dh30 which is about a year++ old. The umbilical cord's malfunctioning and only closes the circuit when it is bent a certain way. He'll be writing to Archon and we'll see what they say.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I think I'm still leaning towards the single emitter. I find that my current light with three emitters is bright enough, but is a bit of a fat spot.

I've bought the OrcaTourch 611 a while ago and still very happy with it. Since my initial post here on SB I've done some more wreck dives, 15+ and 2 night dives and havn't had any issues with it.
Orca Torch D611

Maybe you can see if you like HI-MAX h01 slim canister light? many people like the canister light, although it is 3000LM.

Looking at the website I noticed it says the light is IP68. The last digit indicates how water resistant it is. An 8 means it is protected against temporary immersion in water. My cell phone is IP68. If you want it safe against immersion in pressurized water, it must be a 9, e.g. IP69 or IP79.

Looking at the website I noticed it says the light is IP68. The last digit indicates how water resistant it is. An 8 means it is protected against temporary immersion in water. My cell phone is IP68. If you want it safe against immersion in pressurized water, it must be a 9, e.g. IP69 or IP79.

I'm going with that's a typo. I've had one of those to 100m without issue. Construction appears to be designed for proper scuba depths. Don't know how long it will last built quality wise. Currently testing it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom