Ordering Apeks XL4+ from overseas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not an issue, showed up at my door just the same as if I ordered it from Amazon.

Last Nov I ordered (from an undisclosed Western European country) a pair of new, current model XTX 200 2nd stages @ $ 190 (US), freight came to $ 33 (US) each....so 'all in' (including freight) it came to $ 223 per unit, which is about 1/2 the US stateside dealer retail price !

No sales tax, no import taxes/duties.

HS code:

Shows duty free for import from my GoogleFu...

http://findhts.com/tariff/search/number/9020.00.40.00

I too am rather disgusted at the price disparity. It's insane. I'm damn close to saying screw the warranty when I could buy 2 complete reg sets for the price of one in the US...

You missed the good old days when the European Dive Shops would freely ship to the US. There was some EU rule that they could ship anywhere which was latter clarified that it only applied to within the EU.

As a follow-up, XTX200 DIN set from Italy working AOK, had a little delay in shipping but came quick once it got in the mail. Dove it for my Advanced Open Water class, then had a DGX low pressure hose recall right before my Turks & Caicos vacation but got replacement and took my wing/Apeks setup with me and it worked great. Then I dislocated my knee by carrying my gear on the boat and planting my foot at an evidently weird angle :( *sigh* At least I got a few dives in before that, but I was on such a high having those nice clear waters available, sad to lose have the vacation...oh well! Time to heal!

Reactions: EdC
....Then I dislocated my knee by carrying my gear on the boat and planting my foot at an evidently weird angle :( *sigh* At least I got a few dives in before that, but I was on such a high having those nice clear waters available, sad to lose have the vacation...oh well! Time to heal!
Get well soon.
Diving in SE Asia over 20yrs and could not recall that I ever had to carry my gear to the dive boat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom