Original Instructor for Check-Out Dives??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

McLovinIt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Do you have to do your check-out dives with your original instructor? Could it be a different SSI instructor? I am assuming it would at least have to be a SSI instructor (not another org.). Having trouble getting my last 2 dives done. Actually considering just starting over with another organization, but would rather save the time & money and get my last 2 dives done. Just curious.....Thanks.

SSI has a dealer oriented structure. There are no independent instructors. Every instructor is attached to a dealer. So any other instructor at the same divecenter is fine to finish your course. If you prefer going to another divecenter/dealer in your area ask for a referral (as mentioned above). With a referral another SSI instructor/dealer can do the job or even an instuctor from another organization.

Make sure to have fun doing your check-Out dives :wink:
Best

Pieter
SSI IT 10168

As Pk said.

You may use any certified instructor from any agency.
Ray
SSI DCSI 4612
TDI 1712

Thanks! Good info to have. My DI has scheduled and cancelled and rescheduled my last 2 dives (1 day trip-2 dives) several times. Don't mind working with someone, but this is getting to be a problem. Thanks for the info though. Nice to have!!

I'd check in with the Dive Center also. Just so they know whats going on; unless the Dive Center is also the DI.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom