other dive ops allowed to pick up at Scuba Club?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cozdreamer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
From watching their webcam everyonce in a while, it appears only their boats pick up at their pier. Can other dive ops on the island pick you up at Scuba Club Cozumel or do you have to use the in house dive op? Anyone out there that has used another op when staying there?

When I stayed there, I used their dive op. I heard from one of the guests that they do not rent rooms to people that do not dive. If one person in the room dives, that is fine.

I would call and ask them.

Tom

No, Scuba Club is an all-inclusive dive hotel - like a land based livaboard and other dive shops are not allowed to pul up to their pier, because it is private and they have the consession to it.

It doesn't even make sense to stay at Scuba Club and dive with another operation, because the price includes the diving...I don't believe they will even sell the diving/rooms a la carte.

Thanks Christi and Divenutny for your replies. You confirmed my thoughts from what I was observing on their webcam. They must be one of the only places like that on the island. Never stayed there and probably never will, but I sure appreciate and enjoy their webcam. Thanks for the insider's point of view answering my question. Safe diving to both of you.

Thanks Christi and Divenutny for your replies. You confirmed my thoughts from what I was observing on their webcam. They must be one of the only places like that on the island.

The only one, AFAIK.

Back
Top Bottom