OTS Spectrum reviews ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

emoreira

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've seen the new OTS Spectrum FFM. It's far from those cheap rubber FFM like this one M37 - IST Sports
It's an affordable FFM and I would like to give it a try.
However I've seen up to now not any review.
Any one has tested it ?

I've seen the new OTS Spectrum FFM. It's far from those cheap rubber FFM like this one M37 - IST Sports
It's an affordable FFM and I would like to give it a try.
However I've seen up to now not any review.
Any one has tested it ?

I was at Haigh Quarry July 16, 2017.
They were having a demo of OTS Spectrum and OTS Guardian. My Buddy and I dived both, I dived the spectrum twice as the first time I had it too tight (was used to ISI SCBA) it hurt my forehead the dive was great. So I waited 1/2 hr. And dove the spectrum again this time putting it on just snug. We stayed at 30' or less the comfort was great, I tried my best to get it to leak and did not leak a drop. We put a good hour on the spectrum was very comfortable best part no cotton mouth as you breathe through your nose. No mouth fatigue. You use your own regulator which is nice, field of view is great it does have a larger volume than a reg. mask, this was not an issue.

A factory rep was on site to help with questions. So end result was my Buddy and I each purchased a spectrum. Will take delivery in two weeks.

So I know we only had an hour on the spectrum test. But in my opinion this mask is a game changer. I dive with cruise ships a lot and have had my mask kicked off by novice divers, now I tend to stay back and linger, some DM's don't like that. With the spectrum having a mask get kicked or a reg come out is all but impossible.

I am not a person who buys on the spot. I got to try this product and test it using my own reg. For me this product is worth at least a demo dive.

Paul L
Channahon, Illinois

I was at Haigh Quarry July 16, 2017.
They were having a demo of OTS Spectrum and OTS Guardian. My Buddy and I dived both, I dived the spectrum twice as the first time I had it too tight (was used to ISI SCBA) it hurt my forehead the dive was great. So I waited 1/2 hr. And dove the spectrum again this time putting it on just snug. We stayed at 30' or less the comfort was great, I tried my best to get it to leak and did not leak a drop. We put a good hour on the spectrum was very comfortable best part no cotton mouth as you breathe through your nose. No mouth fatigue. You use your own regulator which is nice, field of view is great it does have a larger volume than a reg. mask, this was not an issue.

A factory rep was on site to help with questions. So end result was my Buddy and I each purchased a spectrum. Will take delivery in two weeks.

So I know we only had an hour on the spectrum test. But in my opinion this mask is a game changer. I dive with cruise ships a lot and have had my mask kicked off by novice divers, now I tend to stay back and linger, some DM's don't like that. With the spectrum having a mask get kicked or a reg come out is all but impossible.

I am not a person who buys on the spot. I got to try this product and test it using my own reg. For me this product is worth at least a demo dive.

Paul L
Channahon, Illinois

Hi Paul, thanks for your review. How about fogging ?

How about fogging ?
None... you're breathing in the hyper dry air from your tank. It dries everything out nicely. We'll see how she does when I'm on a loop.

As someone who has a tough time finding a mask that doesn't leak (until i finally found the Hollis M3!), the spectrum is on my short list. They were demoing them at Dutch Springs recently, but unfortunately I was laid up recovering from surgery and couldn't go.

They do have plans for the rail system similar to the other masks long term, but I expect it to be a LONG time away.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom