OTS Spectrum reviews ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would guess at least a year..
B

I've had the Spectrum for a couple of months and absolutely love it. Nearly gave up diving after 16 years because I'd have to clear my mask every few minutes the whole dive and my jaw would be so sore. I will never voluntarily use anything other than a full face from now on. It has never leaked a bit and you can breath through your nose and mouth. Not one bit of jaw pain either.

I also have a comment about mounting things on the mask. There are 5 brass mounting points. I have a Big Blue AL450 mounted on each side of the mask. Works fantastic. Each light is 450 lumens at a 40 degree angle. So right in front of me where the beams cross is 900 lumens and 450 out to the sides, top, and bottom. I made my own mounts for just a few bucks.

I'd be happy to answer any questions you have. I'm gonna try to post some pictures.

I just zip tied them to test with the intention of using a clamp if worked well. But ended up just leaving them as is.
IMG_0002.JPG

It's 3/8" round stock bent and welded. The pieces that run the length of the light I made to wrap around the back of the light and just wide enough to cradle them nice and solid. If you notice the surface looks rough. I sprayed the mounts with rubberized undercoating. First I powdercoated them and then added the undercoat just as a bit of extra rust proof plus wanted to try to minimize any scratches either on the mount or the light.

Cost for the steel is less than $10 and they didn't take long to make.

Well done. That looks great!

Back
Top Bottom