Out Of Air -- Simply Unacceptable!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aborting the dive because your computer died is right especially if it AI. If it is I would tell you to abort. If it's not and you have a spg & buddy there is no problem. do the Safety stop (hopefully with your buddy timing & helping with depth) and then get out.

as far as rescue goes.... i will do whatever i can without putting myself in threat of death.... NDL diving is simple...if you go OOA, (say freeflow) we share mine and go for a SS, unless we don't have enough air to complete it, otherwise we surface.

I think that's a rather terrible lesson.

If my dive buddies aren't willing to accept *some* risk in offering assistance in a rescue, I need to find new buddies...

I think it is more a case of "acceptable risk." I agree that a dive buddy should accept "some" risk if a buddy is in trouble, especially given the fact you and your friends are team divers. It boils down to what is an acceptable risk. I'm sure I would go further for my son or my GF than I might for a pick up buddy... human nature. And one reason I dive solo unless I'm with them or one of my regular buddies.

Back
Top Bottom