• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Outrageous V Openings Summer 2020

Discussion in 'North Carolina' started by rlskill1, May 19, 2020.

1. rlskill1

rlskill1 Instructor, Scuba

Not a silly question at all. Shark etiquette is always en vogue.
    Mostly don't touch and just watch.
    The common shark we have are Sand Tiger Sharks. Very easy going sharks to swim with. They usually hover almost motionless in the water column. They are generally photogenic. If they bumped into you it was because you are in their way. Aeolus and Spar have a handful at all times. The Caribsea and Atlas have gobs of them. On all wrecks there is the stray chance to see other types of sharks.
    No big deal, you are just another fish to them. These sharks are in their natural environment and not fed like some areas of FL and Bahamas.

2. jiggly

jiggly Garibaldi

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    Ever do any spearfishing trips?

And now often do you end up cancelling for weather? I live inland and have to travel so that's kind of a big deal for me. Usually tried to dive out of Wilmington the past few years but after booking 20 dives and only getting to do 1 I've pretty much given up. I'll pull up Aquatic Safari's calendar every so often to see how often they're cancelling and I swear its like 75%

rlskill1 likes this.
  3. rlskill1

Yes, weather effects everyone or changes your location for the day. Captains Lady at Discovery does spear fishing trips as does Capt. Cindy Norris on Instigator specializes in spearfishing trips and usually has good luck. She has openings and posts them regularly on her FB page.

4. myshadeofred

myshadeofred Nassau Grouper

I'm diving 3 and 4 July!!! Praying for decent conditions.

rlskill1 likes this.
  5. myshadeofred

myshadeofred Nassau Grouper

I have dove there and saw the sharks...they are pretty docile and just hang out. I pretty much just parked myself and watched them. It can be hit or miss from what I understand so I'm glad I have had the opportunity to see the Sand Tiger Shark.

rlskill1 likes this.
  6. Protondecay123

Protondecay123 ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 0 - 24
    Greatly enjoyed the 3 tanker last Friday with Dean and the Gang. Thanks for the heads up on availablity.

rlskill1 likes this.
  7. rlskill1

Come see us again!

Protondecay123 likes this.
  8. EdC

EdC Photographer

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    We are coming down next week, what are the current temps at depth on the wrecks?

9. rlskill1

Current Temps are 80's on surface and 77-78 on the wreck. Vis offshore lately has been awesome around 75+

Protondecay123 and EdC like this.
  10. rlskill1

Recent dive days for the past month have produced great visibility and water Temps. Add to this the excellent groups we have hosted this summer and it's been a really fun season.
    There is still plenty of room for groups and individual Walk-ons.

Lots of new looks this summer!!

Come See Us!

Attached Files:

Protondecay123 likes this.