Outrigger Phi Phi November

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mo4391

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi all,

My wife and I will be staying at the Outrigger Phi Phi at the beginning of November. We'll be looking at getting in 3 or 4 days of diving. I understand there are plenty of dive ops to choose from on Phi Phi, but not necessarily on this part of the island. I know the resort has a dive shop. And through some online research I understand there is a little village behind the resort with some places that offer dive trips, I just don't know the qualifications/ certifications of these places. So, the long way around to my question. Would we be best off just diving with the resort shop or are there PADI certified operators to choose from around that area of the island?

Thanks in advance for any input.

They are considerably more expensive than the DC's in Ton Sai village but to get to the pier or village from the outrigger you would have to hire a longtail boat and this would probably even the price up. For the convenience factor it would probably be better to stick with the hotel DC.

I agree with OTS. Phi Phi is unique in that getting around is difficult as it doesn't have roads. You will find the experience at the resort more peaceful than you would if you were staying in the village, but all the many dive shops you'd be able to choose from are located in the village, and so you'd have to get there first, making it logistically more troublesome. Just use the op at the resort.

Thank you OTS and Quero for your replies. We're definitely looking for convenience. As much as we prefer using smaller dive ops over the resort ops in most cases, it certainly makes sense to use the resort op in this instance. With that said, is there anyone still reading this post that has experience diving with Outrigger Phi Phi? Just curious what to expect.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom