Over the shoulder/ tank mount

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Samsee

Registered
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Sorry if this has already been answered.

Has anyone come up with a good mount for an over the shoulder or back of tank mount for the gopro. I have the SRP tray that I will use with my main gopro but I wanted to get a second view point, preferably over the shoulder or from the tank looking over my head. Anyone have any suggestions if it is possible and if it is possible, would the footage be any good?

I have seen the Z gear mount which looked ok but can't seem to find it any where and the website looks like it has been shut down.

You could always get a selfie stick and band it to your tank or stick it in the back of your mask strap but the bubbles would be problematic. If your vertical the bubbles will create a screen and if you are horizontal then they will be coming straight back at the camera and could trap bubbles on the lens. A chest mount might be a practical solution since it still would point in the direction you are swimming and be below your exhaust bubbles.

You could always get a selfie stick and band it to your tank or stick it in the back of your mask strap but the bubbles would be problematic. If your vertical the bubbles will create a screen and if you are horizontal then they will be coming straight back at the camera and could trap bubbles on the lens. A chest mount might be a practical solution since it still would point in the direction you are swimming and be below your exhaust bubbles.
Good point about the bubbles... might have to think this one through a bit

Back
Top Bottom