Overcharges to Credit Card from Divetank.com

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ResQDiver

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
has anyone else had fraudulant charges put on their card from divetank.com? Recently I purchased a drysuit from them and was charged an amount. Now a week later they hit me again for another amount.. they said that it was a fee for ordering from canada - when asked why it wasnt on the first amount they couldnt answer. They then said that I wanted it shipped 2nd day so there was the amount. Well on the first charge I had already paid a substantial amount with the normal price to have this shipped to me 2nd day...
Monday is another day we will see where this goes. Just when I thought I found a decent company to deal with.. this happens. I will post if any changes.
:shakehead::shakehead::shakehead::shakehead::shakehead::shakehead:

Seems a little premature to be making allegations of fraud.

They are a decent company.

Give them a call and speak with Richard or Shannen if she's still the primary customer service person. Explain the situation and they will make it right with a good explanation or a credit. I had a few discrepancies in the past and they always promptly squared things away.

Pete

Recently I purchased a drysuit from them and was charged an amount. Now a week later ...

Seems a little premature to be making allegations of fraud.

I agree with ReefHound on this one, perhaps a little too soon to use the the term fraud. From you posts it sounds like it has been a week since your purchase, and more recently a second charge showed up. Who did you talk to at Divetank? I've had good experience with Richard in the past.

I had a problem with an ill fitting wetsuit from them. They did not have a smaller size in the suit I wanted so i chose a totally different suit. They shipped the new suit immediately and credited my card the difference instead of charging me again for the second suit and waiting to refund the original price until the ill sitting suit arrived at their store. They didn't have to do this and actually went out of their way to get my suit shipped fast so I could make a trip. When I order a drysuit from them it was missing the rock boots. I called and the rock boots were shipped with no hassle.

I would definitely call them and see what they can do. They rely on word of mouth and repeat customers so I can't imagine them not making it right. I would check what the total was supposed to be and see how much you were charged total. If you were charged more I would dispute that amount. If you were charged correct but it was split over two weeks well then thats only fair. Also credit card companies often have charges for incorrect amount up until the item actually posts. If this is a pending charge would wait until its final to complain about the amount. It might correct itself. Good Luck!!

Miranda

I'm certain there's some kind of misunderstanding. I bought my second dry suit from them last year and when I got it it didn't fit right. (Was the size I ordered, my bad.)

I was buying it to take on a liveaboard trip and was leaving in a few days. Richard sent me a new one of the next size up - without charging my credit card - to see if that size fit better. When I let him know it did fit he told me not to worry about sending the first one back until I returned from my trip.

Give 'em a call on Monday and see what's what. I'm sure everything will be straightened out.

I am considering purchasing a BARE Nex-Gen Pro Dry package(suit, fleece, p-valve, dry gloves, hood, boots, all for $849) from them soon.

And probably an Aeris Elite T-3 computer for $749 w/transmitter later.

I appreciate the feedback on how they've treated their customers now and in the past.
Looks like they are willing to be wheel and deal on their prices, especially if you talk to Richard.

I have had an absolute nightmare dealing with these people. I'm not going to post details until it is all sorted out but put it this way- it will be at least 4 months from the time I ordered my DS until the time I can get it wet, er dry. It is beyond ridiculous. I know they have a good rep on this board, which is why I went with them in the first place, but I have had the worst possible experience with them. PM me if you want details before you order your suit.

Well, it may perhaps be early to get upset as mistakes do happen, use of a credit card without permission is generally considered fraud. N

throught the extensive purchasing time i was in contact with richard. All of the dealings up to this point was awesome. Im just waiting for monday so that it can get straightening out. I will post more then.
Thanks for the help

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom