Overhead environment questions.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ryan

Could you call this place a semi filled cave. Low water and you have fresh air above but when tide comes in, the waves will now make it what we all would call a cave evironment? I am envisioning a place wher you can drive a boat through at low tide.

It sounds more like there's plenty of direct access to the surface, but only if you like being beat to :censored: on the rocks surrounding that "surface"…which more or less makes it an area with a soft overhead that's unpredictable in the severity of consequences for violating it. I don't like unpredictable surge and hard objects on which I could bash my head, but I'll defer to those who have actually seen the site on whether it's actually a risky dive.

Either way, I'd say you need to agree on a meeting point in the event of separation, and a time frame for waiting there before heading off to call in the SAR divers. If you can't realistically surface and wait/look around, I'd treat it like a cave or wreck dive in terms of team separation planning.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom