Overweight diver equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, i live in the UK, but i don't have a training for dry suit, so i need a wetsuit.
My only problem with the bigger ankle boots, is that they slip off because the strap of the fin is pulling it off as i kicking.
Forget the wetsuit, you’ll be getting a Drysuit eventually as in you’re in UK so you might as well get a Drysuit now. Get training from a good instructor whether it’s a course or him just showing you the way.

I think you guys might have this thread confused with another. She's looking for a wetsuit, not booties. She is in the UK.
I am looking for boots as well. A boot what is my size, and have wide ankle

Forget the wetsuit, you’ll be getting a Drysuit eventually as in you’re in UK so you might as well get a Drysuit now. Get training from a good instructor whether it’s a course or him just showing you the way.
the 7mm wetsuit is good in november, so i don't think i will need a dry suit

Hi
I just qualified as a Padi Open water diver, and i would like to buy my first diving equipment, but i find it really difficult. Could someone give me some advice?
I am overweight, and my problems:
The wetsuits for women are all small size, in my size there are only men westuits, which are not comfortable,as it is too tight by hips, and also very long arms, and legs.
Also why are all diving boots has very small ankle? my feet is size 5, but i can't even zip the size 7 on my ankle.
I couldn't find a plus size shop?
Thank you

Check out the Girls that Scuba group on Facebook. It’s UK based, although there are gals worldwide. You’ll get plenty of advice.

the 7mm wetsuit is good in november, so i don't think i will need a dry suit
I’m irish and I know this. I can dive in February/ March when water is coldest but I tell you something - it’s uncomfortable and unsafe and the boat ride back home will kill you.

I can tell you from experience that I wish I had bought a drysuit instead of a 7mm wetsuit. Seaskin drysuit sell stock from 500£. I would highly recommend a drysuit as opposed to a wetsuit because you will eventually get a drysuit if you want to extend your season and be able to do deeper dives in colder places

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom