OW certification at the Gran Sirenis Riviera Maya

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello,

I have completed all the steps to finally be a certified PADI OW diver, except for the 4 dives in a natural environment. I will be staying at the Gran Sirenis Riviera Maya between Dec 30 and Jan 6 2013. Can anyone confirm that I will be able to do this right there at the resort? If so, would you recommend this center or suggest another one?

Also, I have no buddy and would like to find one for this period. A beginner will likely have more fun with me than an experienced diver (for now!), but I am open to any offer!

Thank you!

Hello,

I have completed all the steps to finally be a certified PADI OW diver, except for the 4 dives in a natural environment. I will be staying at the Gran Sirenis Riviera Maya between Dec 30 and Jan 6 2013. Can anyone confirm that I will be able to do this right there at the resort? If so, would you recommend this center or suggest another one?

Also, I have no buddy and would like to find one for this period. A beginner will likely have more fun with me than an experienced diver (for now!), but I am open to any offer!

Thank you!

Yes you can. Underwater Technical World operates the dive shop your resort. It is the same outfit that operates the shop at Grand Palladium where I just returned from. They run a good shop and are both PADI and NAUI. You should e-mail them and let them know what you want.

They do a lot of dive training so they can buddy you with a new diver or an experienced diver.

The dive boats only traveled 5 or 10 minutes from the beach to the dive sites but sometimes it was a little cold anyway. A windbreaker would not be a bad idea.

http://www.underwatertechnicalworld.com/

Thank you very much for this information! I just emailed them to make sure I was going to make this happen.

You are welcome. They run a nice shop and you will have a great time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom