OW Instructor / Shop recommendations in the Atlanta area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Texas Torpedo

Pollo Grande Tejano!
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My cousin and her husband live in the Atlanta area and are interested in getting their OW ticket soon.
I don't know any instructors in the area so I thought I would inquire here for any recommendations outside of sending them to the closest shop.
Please post any recommendations you might have.
Thanks,
David

Last edited:
Take a long weekend vacation down to the Keys or elsewhere in FL? That's what I'd do. I have friends who did their OW course here in Atlanta, and they were satisfied, but their check-out dives were in a quarry in Alabama that they found pretty miserable. If it were me, I'd just head somewhere in FL for my OW course and enjoy what diving is all about. One of the best things about Atlanta for divers is the airport. It's short hop to Miami, and only a couple of hours to much of the Caribbean. Even driving to FL isn't so bad.

I appreciate the info but they may want to be able to spend the days on their trip diving rather than training.
I'd have done my OW training in Florida too but I look back on my Texas mud dive training fondly..

Do you or anyone else know anything about the dive sites listed here?
Georgia Scuba Dive Sites

Last edited:
A former crewmember owns Dive Land Park in Glencoe, AL. You would have to call ahead to arrange a class. In Atlanta, The Dive Shop and Divers@sea are good choices. I do business with Divers Supply also.

Thanks a bunch, Frank. I'll pass it on to them.
Hope you and Mel are doing well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom