OWC in Puerto Vallarta

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
Hi everyone,

New here so if the following does not belong in this forum, please let me know or move appropriately.

I have taken two resort intro courses (pool) and did one open water resort shore dive. I really enjoyed it and have been wanting to get certified. I happen to be going to Puerto Vallarta in a couple of weeks and am considering getting certified there (I realize not the best location in the world for diving but that wasn't what the vacation was about). I have come across some general shop recommendations on this forum but I am really curious to hear recommendations specifically about their classes.

I have read a bunch of posts here, and probably far too many in the 'accidents' forum (hope for the best but expect the worst, right?), and have already read my wifes PADI book (I know, I will be reading again in the class). I am certainly prepared to start my training but really want a good teacher and am finding it very difficult to ascertain that with a couple of short e-mails to some shops in PV.

Can anyone provide any pointers or better yet, recommendations on good CLASSES in PV? Part of me is thinking I might just end up taking the classes at home (I live in NYC).

Thanks in advance!

- Christian

Back
Top Bottom