Owen Roberts Airport departure lounge opens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree completely with Menno. When I visit USA, I always find US customs and immigration a severe PITA. As a visitor, the line is very much longer then for US citizens. Cayman is a breeze by comparison. The lines may be a bit long but at least one is treated politely.

Not wanting to sound vengeful, but from traveling extensively over the world (although only 60 countries or so up till now) my experience is that the worst country to enter as a visitor is the US. Very long lines and waiting times, and in general the most unfriendly immigration staff. Global Entry is only available for citizens from about 10 countries or.

This to put the comments on Cayman immigration issues in a bit more perspective! :wink:

I'm curious. Which different ports of entry have you hit for the USA?

Last edited:
I know I'm not Menno, but I have had horrible immigration experiences at JFK, LaGuardia, Newark, Philly, Charlotte, and Detroit and have heard horror stories about Miami. I agree that the lines and general crabbiness of the immigration process and staff in the USA are among the worst I have experienced (and I actually entered communist East Germany twice! They may all have had machine guns, but they were at least respectful and efficient)

I know I'm not Menno, but I have had horrible immigration experiences at JFK, LaGuardia, Newark, Philly, Charlotte, and Detroit and have heard horror stories about Miami. I agree that the lines and general crabbiness of the immigration process and staff in the USA are among the worst I have experienced (and I actually entered communist East Germany twice! They may all have had machine guns, but they were at least respectful and efficient)
I have Global Entry, I breeze through immigration in the US, rarely any wait at all :)

Procedures for noncitizens entering the USA is probably a good topic for a different thread.

Great news for all of us Cayman lovers.

This was the scene in the departure lounge last month, Saturday 3 PM. SRO. Big line up for the bathrooms and the food take out. No duty free. Hopefully will improve over time.
IMG_2088.JPG

I have Global Entry, I breeze through immigration in the US, rarely any wait at all :)
Craig-I’ve had it since inception but it sure does not help foreigners get in any faster to the US!

I'm curious. Which different ports of entry have you hit for the USA?

From best to worst: Ft. Lauderdale, Orlando Sanford, Houston Bush (caused me to miss my connection to Europe), Miami, JFK.

From best to worst: Ft. Lauderdale, Orlando Sanford, Houston Bush (caused me to miss my connection to Europe), Miami, JFK.

JFK Sux! That place makes hell look inviting.

Back
Top Bottom