Owner of dive charter Goby charged with several counts of poaching

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Here is the story of how this all happened.

I was standing outside of sportchalet and man was looking around my boat. I asked him what he was doing and he said he was the owner of the lobster. He set me up with a meeting with the head cheff. After the meeting I had myself and my family research for almost two weeks and even talking to game wardens telling them im spearfishing for the restaraunt. At no point what so ever did i try to be bad and hide anything. I bought the licensing they told me to but it ended up being the wrong licensing. Max I only did this for about a month and I stopped on my own In Aug of that year because i know something did not seem to be correct. Three months later i received a text message from Warden Michele and I invited her over to my house. And i told her what im telling you now. I am the one that told DFG everything and i was very honest. Its my fault i had the wrong paper work. And I am sorry.
I never, ever, took anything undersized or more then the recreational limit. Assumptions are bad and I assumed If this huge restaurant saw my paperwork and said ok, That I was good. I never hid to anyone that i was spearfishing. I let them put my name on the menu. I was always out in the open and that has to mean something. Again,I'm sorry to you and the dive community. I am not a poacher, this was a paperwork issue. I paid the same money to the State, I just bought the wrong licensing. Its my fault i bought the wrong licensing . I truly had no intention to do anything wrong. In the month that i was fishing, I was Bent twice and spent almost six days in the UCLA chamber. Please stop trash talking me.The charges were dismissed and expunged and our being cleared from my record.

I still did stuff that was wrong out of stupidity and not researching as good as i could of but I am not a poacher. and I am sorry Dive community. I truly am. I hope we can move on from here and you all can remain my friends. I apologize to the dive community and Maxbottomtime for this issue. From the bottom of my heart.

Adam James
818 651-4066

Last edited:
If you read through all of my posts you will see that I never once talked trash about you. I posted the story about your case, the same story that is on dozens of diving and fishing websites. I never called you names. I never said anything that was not true. A no contest plea is not the same as guilty, but it does not mean not guilty. It simply means you accept the charges filed and agree to the penalties without having a guilty plea on your record. One of the charges was taking several species of fish out of season. Was that the fault of DFG?

Max, I was giving a true and honest public apology for not researching the paperwork. And I was explaining everything.

---------- Post added August 30th, 2014 at 08:40 AM ----------

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Here is the story of how this all happened.

I was standing outside of sportchalet and man was looking around my boat. I asked him what he was doing and he said he was the owner of the lobster. He set me up with a meeting with the head cheff. After the meeting I had myself and my family research for almost two weeks and even talking to game wardens telling them im spearfishing for the restaraunt. At no point what so ever did i try to be bad and hide anything. I bought the licensing they told me to but it ended up being the wrong licensing. Max I only did this for about a month and I stopped on my own In Aug of that year because i know something did not seem to be correct. Three months later i received a text message from Warden Michele and I invited her over to my house. And i told her what im telling you now. I am the one that told DFG everything and i was very honest. Its my fault i had the wrong paper work. And I am sorry.
I never, ever, took anything undersized or more then the recreational limit. Assumptions are bad and I assumed If this huge restaurant saw my paperwork and said ok, That I was good. I never hid to anyone that i was spearfishing. I let them put my name on the menu. I was always out in the open and that has to mean something. Again,I'm sorry to you and the dive community. I am not a poacher, this was a paperwork issue. I paid the same money to the State, I just bought the wrong licensing. Its my fault i bought the wrong licensing . I truly had no intention to do anything wrong. In the month that i was fishing, I was Bent twice and spent almost six days in the UCLA chamber. Please stop trash talking me.The charges were dismissed and expunged and our being cleared from my record.

I still did stuff that was wrong out of stupidity and not researching as good as i could of but I am not a poacher. and I am sorry Dive community. I truly am. I hope we can move on from here and you all can remain my friends. I apologize to the dive community and Maxbottomtime for this issue. From the bottom of my heart.

Adam James
818 651-4066

As I said before, this guy just keeps getting deeper and deeper in his own bullshi#...And now to find out he's an instructor....SCARY....

Very sorry Adam James chose to launch a vendetta against you on Amazon, Max. I believe I will buy your book now and give it a read. I also hope to dive with you at some point.

If Adam chooses to make such a review, the least he could do is cite some of the specific "errors" so we could assess them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom