Owner of Paradise Springs Passes away.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BlueWaterDiving

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
It is with a sad heart that I tell you this. Curt Chappelka the owner of Paradise Springs as passed away he passed 17 May 2018. There will be a celebrate of life at 1pm 3 June 2018 at Paradise Springs.

:( . Oh no, that's terrible. I'm glad I finally went. It was quite the experience sitting with him, saying hello, watching his great video from 20 years ago on the 13" TV in garage. I had hoped to go back and see if he wanted to make an HD Update video.

He will be missed. Now the future of that resource is in jeopardy.

I have loved diving there. My team was going to do our annual deep dive there. :(

And, RichieD, it wouldn't be the same if it wasn't on VHS.
my thoughts are with the family at this time.

The good news is that the widow feels it would be Curt's wish for Paradise Spring to stay open. When you do, remember that you're supporting his widow as well. They need our support now more than ever.

We visited Paradise in February. His wife and son are keeping things going. Nice people, beautiful scenery, awesome cavern dive. I agree that if you can help support them with a visit, you wont regret it and they will appreciate it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom