oxy cheq wing question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubaroo:
ONLY if it's the Standard wings you're referring to. The Signature wings have the same profile, but the 45lb has slightly larger dimensions than the 30lb.
How much larger are we talking about and how is drag with larger wing compared to 30# wing.

Haven't dived the 45lb Sig (only the 30lb Standard and 30 Signature wings in the singles wings), but the 45lb Signature is about an inch larger all around than the 30lb. Funny thing is though, the 45lb Signature and the 30lb Standard laid flat on top of each other are the same size! So I wouldn't be concerned about how much extra drag the 45lb Signature has - more a case of "wow, the 30lb Signature is compact".

Put it this way - realistically, I doubt anyone could tell the difference between the wings in a blind test. Get the wing with the appropriate amount of lift for your diving. Most people would get more benefits from working on their technique.

divepilot:
I also use a 30lb oxycheck signature series with a drysuit - it provides enough lift. I'm using a 100 cf E-series tank. Between my backplate and weight harness, the total is 25 pounds.

What undergarment do you use down there in Texas? I suppose that's important regarding your need for lead, and then also your need for lift. This guy uses a "Polartec" (says t all...) 300 gr.

Most of us would like the rig to float if we unbuckle in the water.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom