For Sale SOLD - Oxycheq Wing/SS BP/Harness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scububa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
55# lift Doughnut (360 bladder style) - $120

SS Backplate from Oxycheq - $85
Harness is pretty new - excellent shape (even though it has some cave mud on it ;-)
2 shoulder D-rings, 1 hip D-ring, crotch strap 2 rings - rear (reels, scooter swim), front (scooter tow)
SS buckle/belt keepers plenty of material to let out
Extra Backup Light inner tube retainers on shoulder runs​

plus shipping - likely $12 to $17 (based on zip and my recent costs)

Option - Remora Knife - $25

Attachments

• P1030697c.jpg
    P1030697c.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 105
  • P1030698c.jpg
    P1030698c.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 82
  • P1030699.JPG
    P1030699.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 89
  • P1030704.JPG
    P1030704.JPG
    120.9 KB · Views: 114
Hi I'm interested. I'm slowly coming to terms with the fact that doubles and tech are a likely part of my future and I'd like to start putting together a good doubles setup. My targeted tanks are steel HP100 or 120s. I'll be diving with a drysuit. Today I use about 20lb of lead to go with a steel 100 and a drysuit diving cold water with the hacyon traveler pro (not very negatively buoyant). This is a long winded way to get to my ultimate question which is - Is this the right wing for me?

Should I find tanks first and then go wing shopping?

Also, how old is the wing and how much wear and tear has it seen? I dont know much about the lifespan of a wing...

My numbers might be slightly off but pretty close @JRCrab.

SS Backplate - 6
100x2 - (1.2 Faber, 2.6 pst, 5 Wrthgtn) Those numbers are for 2 tanks with 2 indp valves at 0 psi
Bands - 4
Manifold - 1.5
Regs - 5

So all in if you ran double 100's you would be somewhere around -21.5 lbs at maximum and -17.7 at minimum. Now when you start to add lights and reels and stages the number starts growing exponentially. The good news is with a drysuit you have redundancy to cover inflation this 55lbs wing is perfect. Assuming you add a few lbs to get you down, at most you would be around -36lbs max, with all your gadgets and toys. Again this is just a rough guess, it is your responsibility to make sure you are properly weighted when you dive.

(I dive double fabers in freshwater, and double worthingtons in salt. I also dive this exact setup being sold with a drysuit. I do not carry any weight at all. I am perfect at my safety stop) For the price it is listed I would say this is a no brainer. I would buy it.

I can't add much to Swim's comments, he covered it. I also carried no extra weight. I was fine in this rig in freshwater Great Lakes diving until I got into Trimix and was starting a dive with 6 regulators and tanks (doubles, inflation bottle, and three bottles - bottom gas, 50% and Oxygen.) It became marginal at that point. With doubles, inflation and one stage I was fine. Normal weight, 5'11" with reels, can light, computers, DUI CLX450 and generally 4th Element Artic and xerotherm. I dove LP 95s and 119s (3442 psi).

The unit is used, the inflator is rebuilt, all dives were fresh water (cave, Great Lakes and MO lakes), harness is nearly new, it's ready to dive and has extra length in the waist harness tag end for adjustment.

I'll take the backplate and Harness if it isn't spoken for yet. Let me know how much shipping is to 53070 and where to send payment. Thanks

Rig sold

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom