Oyster Diving Chesapeake Bay Near Kent Narrows

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I haven't had the chance to get out there. As soon as it warms up outside, I plan to camp on a weekend at Point Lookout State Park. It is only $35 with free use of the boat ramp. I'll post up when the weather gets better.

Looking for someone that has done this outside of charter boating. The wife's family has a boat at mears point marina right inside from where the shoals are northeast of kent narrow. We have a decent sized dinghy with a big enough motor to get out to what I think is the general area in a 10 min motor out. Looking for spot advice, anyone interesting in doing a few oyster dives come october, or just general information.

Thanks.[/QU

Last edited:
Re-upping this post. I'm going to try to make it out in Early November for Oysters if I can isolate a dive spot. Not 100% on location of dive site as I don't know where to go exactly but I will be putting in at the boat ramp on the Kent Island Narrows/Channel. Boat would have room for another diver or 2. It's a 20' cuddy cabin.

I'd love to tag along as a watch. I just moved from CA and want to learn how things work on this coast. PM me if you're lookin for a buddy!

If any of you guys need a diver I'm familiar with all the marinas ie-Piney, Mears, kent island yacht club, castle marina and would love to give you a hand with this new oyster season

I'm looking to dive for oysters as well, PM me!

Back
Top Bottom