p-valve broke

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Armymutt25A

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
While donning my dry suit today, I found that the input hose of my p-valve had broken off at the threads. Anyone know if this is a common item that is available in a local hardware store or if it is a Dive Rite only piece? Any ideas on the size and thread pitch? I don't think I'm going to be able to tell once I get it out. McMaster-Carr has some that look similar, just not sure which one I need.

IIRC it is 1/8" NPT (1/8 national pipe thread). The stock fitting is a white nylon, but it can be replaced with a brass one if it is easier to find.

I had the same thing happen to me a couple of weeks ago at Peacock springs. Hardware store in Mayo hooked me up with a brass fitting for under 2 bucks!

Thanks. Kidsdream, can you confirm the size for me? My local Lowes was the one that got destroyed by the tornado a couple of weeks ago, so I've got almost hour drive to get to another one.

Hi,

This sounds like our raw part no RP9927. It is a white polyethylene hose barb fitting. 1/8" NPT thread to 1/4" Tube ID barb. It might be available at a hardware store, or we can drop one in the mail. You can also source them from McMaster# 2808K24 ($5.53 for a 10 pack)
If the problem happens again, give Mike in service a shout at service@diverite.com. Potentially, the body of the valve needs to be bored out to prevent this from happening again. We had an issue with a batch a while back that were not tapped properly.

Thanks. I talked to Mike and he's squaring me away.

:balloons: I'm impressed :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom