P valve & condom catheter 101

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A very quick review of the literature shows that a 70% isopropyl alcohol solution is rapidly germicidal. Combining a thorough clean water flush with several minutes of alcohol soaking (easily accomplished by closing the valve and filling the tubing with alcohol) should be a very effective disinfection strategy.

well, i have lots of access to skin prep wipes (i work in nursing home, they're used to prevent pressure sores), so i'll give it a try on the trip to nfl next week & report back!

and girls, don't use the adhesive remover on yourself, just on the she-p. we have mucus membranes where the adhesive goes, guys don't. it will burn. don't ask how we know.

Do as you like.

Better than nothing.

Thanks everyone for the pointers! I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of my new drysuit with p valve, so all of this has been very helpful. Question: When talking about trimming, it sounds to me like you're talking about the shortening the part where the quick release attaches, is that correct?

Thanks everyone for the pointers! I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of my new drysuit with p valve, so all of this has been very helpful. Question: When talking about trimming, it sounds to me like you're talking about the shortening the part where the quick release attaches, is that correct?

Hi, ImUr - whatsit! :happywave: ( What's a Propofol? )

May I recommend this thread: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/advanced-scuba-discussions/310029-dry-suits-catheters.html

Besides being side-splitting hilarious, there is an enormous amount of information for you guys.

Question: When talking about trimming, it sounds to me like you're talking about the shortening the part where the quick release attaches, is that correct?

Answer: Yes many of us trim off the end of the catheter where you insert the tubing (I use a simple barbed fitting, which is one less failure point. Takes about 10 seconds to connect.) or quick connect fitting into. I trim about 10mm off of mine every time. Since I have shears in my drysuit pocket it is easy enough to perform on installation.

Of course manscaping and a regular shaving take care of the hairy body parts.

Are you folks using anything to secure the end of the catheter to the end of the tube or are you just stretching it over and letting pressure do the job?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom