P valve install

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Daved222269

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a waterproof d7 pro iss suit. I purchased a light monkey p valve. I’ve been reading, and watching any YouTube videos on the subject. It doesn’t look like rocket science to install it. It seems that lots of people glue (aqua seal) the valve body inside the suit. This means gluing a flat plastic valve body to the suit membrane. Does aqua seal stick to the plastic that well?

I came across one video, where the guy didn’t glue his light monkey valve. He cut a neoprene rubber washer, and installed that between the valve body and suit material on the inside of the suit. This makes for easy removal at any point for service and cleaning. However, I’d probably be checking that thing every two minutes, “did it work itself loose yet”?
What is the general consensus? Glue in vs removal later? What is best for my type of suit? I’m leaning towards trying the rubber washer approach. Thanks for any info.

I just installed my third one before I went to BC last week. I glued it in again. Just rough up the plastic (and the suit) a little with some sandpaper.

I use a 1/2" copper pipe coupler to cut the hole. Take a round "rat-tail" file, and sharpen up one edge. One or two solid whacks with a hammer and you have a perfect hole.

JUST REMEMBER TO PUT A BOARD OR SOMETHING INSIDE THE LEG SO YOU DON'T END UP WITH A HOLE OUT THE BACK TOO!!!

And be sure to point the valve inlet in the right direction. Once it's stuck, it's stuck.

And ya, it's permanent.

I used a rubber washer on the inside and one on the outside of my suit. The valve screws apart and I can be removed to clean it.

Back
Top Bottom