p90x

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No, I didn't stick exactly to the diet. I did eat a much healthier selection though. Lots of fresh fruit and veggies, smaller portions, and relatively low fat. I also tried to cut way back on breads and carbs which was the hardest part for me. I wouldn't change a thing that I did, it worked for me. I had an occasional cheat day every once in a while without much effect. Let us know how it works for you.

Well I am about to finish up week two. I have a few shirts size large, before starting I could fit into them but it was very borderline on being too small. I have worked out the last two days the those same shirts and I have a little extra room in the shirts now. I did step on the scales today, but I have not lost one pound. I have had several people tell me not to worry much about it since muscle ways more than fat. I guess I could just be replacing the fat, dunno. I have had a couple of cheat days also, but up to this point have always had no trouble going right back to eating like I am suppose too. Anyways I am ready to get back in the water since the weather is warming up. Just looking for a free day to go.

Well I am about to finish up week two. I have a few shirts size large, before starting I could fit into them but it was very borderline on being too small. I have worked out the last two days the those same shirts and I have a little extra room in the shirts now. I did step on the scales today, but I have not lost one pound. I have had several people tell me not to worry much about it since muscle ways more than fat. I guess I could just be replacing the fat, dunno. I have had a couple of cheat days also, but up to this point have always had no trouble going right back to eating like I am suppose too. Anyways I am ready to get back in the water since the weather is warming up. Just looking for a free day to go.

I've been following CrossFit since mid Feb and the Zone Diet that complements it since early March. I've noticed pretty much the same thing.... the weight drop has not been significant, but the physical changes have been.:cool2:

Stay focused on the fact that you are keeping yourself active in the program, and for the long term, that may be the most important thing for your health and fitness.....:clapping: the alternative is that you could sitting on the couch! :no:

Yep, body shape will and does change as fitness increases. In my case, after a year working on it I am now wearing the same size jeans I did in high school. But I weigh about 25 pounds more. Difference? I didn't lift weights in HS. I didn't run in HS. I only rode a bike for short distances in HS. (Also I suspect the clothing manufacturers have changed their sizing:crafty:)

In any case after a year of effort I'm down two pant sizes and have increased my endurance substantially.

My take: Don't worry excessively about weight. It is more about fitness and body fat percentage; weight is just a convenient tool to get a person in the proper range.

P90x is the only workout routine I've seen that you need to get in shape to start. :D

The fitness test is pretty brutal and because of it I put myself on the Lean course to start my first 90. I dropped 15 pounds this spring through basic diet changes and swimming after work and now am working through P90X. The goal is to lose another 10 and get stronger, leaner and meaner from there. It's not about muscle mass and sleeveless shirts for me, I'd rather be just "in good shape" than try and gain that inverted triangle shape. I start DMC work this week and being in better shape will really be a benefit, I know. It hit me during Rescue that being out of shape can become a real liability if the S hits the F*n. :cool2:

P90X is no BS, that's for sure...

A group of us use it at work, It is doable on a travel schedule also. I just have to carry the bands with me. I will do the workout in the hotel room when I get there and in the morning again before I leave.
For those that do not know, you can do it at your level, you do not have to do as many as the people on the dvd. Besides if you watch one of the guys only has one leg in a few of the workouts.

Getting into shape is a personal choice. Don't let peer pressure keep you from doing your own thing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom