P90x

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...but cardio in any form is the best way to stay healthy, and once you get a leaner form, you can work on building muscle...

Though the approach is classical and seemingly logical, it is backwards. I have written an article to address this misunderstood subject

Fitness Advice - Why NOT Start with Cardio

On the other hand, I agree wholeheartedly that no matter how detailed the program, it will not amount too much if attention to clean, healthy eating is neglected.

Happy and Healthy Diving

I'm about to start P90X. I'm pretty skinny right now, and I can run over 6 miles, but I would like more muscle mass, and I still get tired if I have a long surface swim for diving, or if there is a rough shore exit after two dives.

Iv been eating better and iv already dropped 9ish pounds(over a period of 6 months). I just started to quit smoking(finally) and i have been swimming in the pool everyday. I have not weighed my self yet, but once I get to about 190 lbs(another 10 pounds) I will begin the P90X. I will be happy to post results.
:coffee:

I am currently doing P90X I just finished up one round I did the classic and my body has totally changed shape.....didnt lose alot of lbs about 17 but I def lost inches! I just started the lean round Monday in hopes of losing more lbs this time. I know I didn't lose alot of lbs last time because I built muscle...also I'm not on that big of a diet although I did stop most of my soft drinks only 1 aday not instead of aprox. a 2 liter...yeah I know. I now drink lots and lots of water. Also I do slim fast meal bars from breakfast instead of fast food. I didn't want to change my diet to much I'm way to picky of an eater and I would just not stick to it! However I really enjoy the workouts especially after they are done! Like Tony sayes you hate it but you love it!

Hope you do well!

I dont know much about P90X, but it seems like everyone is using it to lose weight. I am 6'4" 190, so i'm a pretty lean guy already. I am only interested in gaining weight (putting on muscle). Can this program still do this or will it just make me thinner?

I dont know much about P90X, but it seems like everyone is using it to lose weight. I am 6'4" 190, so i'm a pretty lean guy already. I am only interested in gaining weight (putting on muscle). Can this program still do this or will it just make me thinner?

P90X builds muscle as you loose fat.

Swheeler- It can, it will depend on how your body reacts to exercise. If you have a hard time building bulk muscle, you probably won't (but you will build lean muscle). If you have a hard time gaining weight, you might lose more fat, (but you will build lean muscle). If you want strength I would go with this program, if you want bulk, it's not going to work most likely.

P90x is a way to pay money for information you can easily get for free off the web. ExRx (Exercise Prescription) on the Net is more informative than anything you'll ever get out of P90x. Start at their beginner page: ExRx Beginner's Page: Beginning an Exercise Program

Of course, some people need a pre-written schedule and structure, so if you want to pay the ridiculous prices P90x charges just for that, go for it.

But keep in mind everybody is different - two people will respond differently to the same program. So the best thing to do is do all the reading you can on how your body works (exrx again), start with something basic like the 5x5 Starting Strength program to dial in your central nervous system, and then modify your program into something that works best for you.

P90X helped me lose over 60 lbs. I'd highly recommend it to any one who wants to lose weight and get in shape.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom