P90x

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am usually a thin, very active guy and have trouble putting on muscle. I started noticing a small belly developing, so I went to a friend who teaches crossfit. The first workout I was only 15 minutes in and was on the ground like a pile of dirty laundry. I don't even own a car and ride my bike everywhere I go and her workouts kicked my butt! I now do three workouts per week plus my usual activities and have seen results. My belly is gone, I'm gaining muscle mass, and increasing my personal level of athleticism. I have since had to bastardize a number of the workouts for lack of equipment. I get my workouts at Welcome to CrossFit: Forging Elite Fitness. They change every day to keep your muscles guessing.

As for P90X, I've heard good things. I think at the very least, it gets people moving.

Its a great circuit workout. It will kick your butt and the recipe book it comes with is actually not bad, its a good healthy diet and not a starvation style regimen.

This^^

It does a good job of keeping you motivated. The varied workouts don't seem repetitive until around the third month, and by then you're already deep into a routine.

I like the Kenpo, Yoga and Stretching... I do the insanity workouts and have lost 50 pounds.
They are both good and both do the job... You need to discover the benefits of either of thesefor yourself. If you folllow the plan on either, you can't fail to see results.

My wife has been doing the P90X, but I recently just started doing a few of the workouts. I have been doing a treadmill workout for almost a year and then tried the CardioX which isn't bad. Then I tried the Plyometrics, which kicked my butt. I didn't make it all the way through it the first try, and I was sore for 3 days. I tried again and was able to push through the 2nd and 3rd tries completely. The Ab Ripper is one I really hate. It made my abs really sore since I haven't been doing an ab routine. It is 16 minutes of hell. I hope to get used to that one as well.

I don't think I'll be doing the entire P90x routine, as I am more of a 3 to 4 times a week workout type. If I miss a day, I can always make it up. If you are on the 7 days a week p90 plan, then there isn't really any room for a day off or make up for sick days. For me it would make me more inclined to give up my workouts. For now I'll stick with my 3 to 4 days which keeps me motivated.

I've done 4 Rounds of P90X, and am currently doing Insanity, as well as Shakeology and have lost 78 pounds. The programs are physically intense, but as intense as they are, 80% of the results are the nutrition aspects of those plans. If you're just doing the workouts without the nutrition don't expect great results. Shakeology is a big part of my nutrition. You can see my results on Youtube at YouTube - Tommy70817's Channel

Whether you do P90X, Crossfit, or something like Primal Blueprint, the activity will do you good!!
I've done a little of all three of those mixed up over the last few months. I've lost ~20 lbs. and gained a flat belly (not yet a six pack), gained an inch in diameter in my biceps and better cardiovascular fitness. What you eat has a lot to do with what you get out of any program.

I have a friend willing to give me their copy of the program (that they never opened except the first disk).

My concern is that just looking at the meal plan I know I will not be able to follow it. I have 2 small kids and a wife. I can't spend that much time int he kitchen cooking 2 different meals (mine and theirs). I also know that the only time I would have for it would be extra early in the mornings and I definitely wouldn't have time to cook a breakfast afterwards.

So would this work if I just followed a sensible diet (like the weight watchers stuff)?

I have a friend willing to give me their copy of the program (that they never opened except the first disk).

My concern is that just looking at the meal plan I know I will not be able to follow it. I have 2 small kids and a wife. I can't spend that much time int he kitchen cooking 2 different meals (mine and theirs). I also know that the only time I would have for it would be extra early in the mornings and I definitely wouldn't have time to cook a breakfast afterwards.

So would this work if I just followed a sensible diet (like the weight watchers stuff)?

I know what you mean. It would be difficult to do the dedicated healthy meals and be able to exercise EVERY day. For me it would make me more likely to quit doing it. You can do as I did and try to get a minimum of 3 workouts a week, and start adding a little more health into your existing diet. I think that will outlast a routine that is sure to burn you out. You could start off by staying away from white breads and going with wheat. Cutting back some on red meat and start introducing more fish into your diet. A little change at a time for me is more likely to become a lifestyle instead of falling off the wagon and doing what I did before. Make your goals more attainable AND sustainable and you will stick to them.

update-so that friend of mine has the video part but none of the paperwork. I've heard it isn't just "insert disk 1 and follow along until disk 12" kind of thing.

Is it worthless without the guides and if so, is there a place I can just buy the instructions (or what ever is suppose to come with it)?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom