P90x

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

update-so that friend of mine has the video part but none of the paperwork. I've heard it isn't just "insert disk 1 and follow along until disk 12" kind of thing.

Is it worthless without the guides and if so, is there a place I can just buy the instructions (or what ever is suppose to come with it)?

PM sent.

I havedone the P90X program as well and sticking to my regular diet and doing the exercises I lost aprox 5 lbs/week..until I got back into my old shape. Then the kicker..I was able to fit into my first wet suit!!

From what I've read, you should be in "P90X ready" shape to get the most out of the program. I thought about it but then read Beachbody info and found out that most simple test is "Can you make 3 good form pull up (1 for female)". I couldn't do more then 1 or 2. Information says that you can certainly go through the program and there are alternative moves just that requirements help to get best results.

So, I decided to start with Power half-hour. Did 5 weeks of "Upper body" program. Now it's Power 90, about 1/4 in at this point. Power 90 does get a bit repetitive, there are 2 work outs for Phase 1 and 2 others for later. I like what I see in the mirror, though. And, most importantly, what I feel. I've lost a bit of weight. Like 12Lb (it was my "quit smoking" fat) 200Lb now, drop in a bucket for my 6'2" large frame. But jeans that used to fit tight when I was 200Lb before are VERY loose now, belt is adjusted an inch shorter then ever before and shirts start getting tights in shoulder/arm area. In other words, my body is clearly changing shape. I use supplements that are recommended for Power 90 (2 supplements, I don't remember the name) and watch what I eat, probably not as tight as I should. For a full disclosure, on top of the program I'm also going through Couch-to-5K running program, now in week 3. I swim in the pool of local gym VERY occasionally, not anywhere as often as I should...

Damn, things people would do to marginally lower their SAC:) Few more month of this and I'll get a dive people get on an 80 with my slightly overfilled LP95:)

If anyone has any questions about P90X or any of the other Beachbody programs (P90X2, Insanity, Asylum, Pump, among others) please feel free to let me know. I am a Beachbody Coach, which means I have a deep knowledge about the programs (I own and have completed a round of almost all of them) and can help you determine which program is right for your current fitness level and goals. I also have a knowledge of the supplements they carry as well, if you are interested.

Feel free to email me directly at mspina@beachbodycoach.com, or reply here.

Thanks!

BLOG POST - P90X Tips and Strategies fro Success P90X - Tips & Strategies for Success |

---------- Post Merged at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:29 PM ----------

P90X - Tips & Strategies for Success http://tommydoran.com/p90x-tips-and-strategies-for-success

I am 54 and did the whole 90 days only lost 9 lbs., but also lost 6% body fat. One word of advice is to not try to keep up with the droids on the video to start, you will catch up to them some, but the moto of Tony is "Do your Best". Every morning of the first week it will feel like someone beat you on different parts of your body while sleeping, but that pain goes away if you stay commited. Could not do most of AbbRipperX, but after two weeks of doing what I could do, it all came together and could do it all, just not all the reps.. Now on my fourth week of Insanity and that took a week to get through the warmup without stopping, but it is all good now and will see how this plays out after 60 days.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom