PABCPR required for Stress & Rescue ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

emoreira

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have just finished the class and pool sessions of the Stress&Rescue course.
The LDS where I'm taking this course says that it's required to take the PABCPR (PAB Basic First Aid and CPR) course to get the S&R card. The PABCPR course is also given by the LDS.
Is this a SSI requirement or is just a LDS politic ?
I'm happy, anyway, to take the PABCPR course, but making this a requirement seems too much.
In the S&R Course text book there is a strong recomendation to take the PABCPR course, but there is no mention to be "required".

You are required by SSI training standards to be basic first aid and cpr certified before they will issue the certification.

You are required by SSI training standards to be basic first aid and cpr certified before they will issue the certification.

Thanks, I couldn't find this statement in the SSI material nor website.

Also, it need only be from a recognized certification agency. You do not necessarily have to take the one the shop offers. Shop around for pricing deals. You may wish to consider an oxygen provider course (such as the DAN O2 course) as it will round out your training very well. The CPR/FA course is a pre-req for that also.

The 2011 SSI standards list the O2 Provider course as a prereq to certification for Stress & Rescue.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom