Pacific Volcano Erupts Near Northern Mariana Islands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was visiting Saipan on the 31st. In fact, I was on top of Mt. Tapochao - the highest point in Saipan at about 1,500 feet or so. It was a spectacular, clear view. I could see Tinian and Rota from there and didn't see any smoke, ash, or clouds from the water.

Jim

everything is fine here on saipan. i am here working for USGS and was about to chopper out to Sarigan the morning the underwater volcano erupted. we have now been set back 2+ weeks from our survey. does anyone have a suggestion for the best dive shop in saipan? safest, etc

Laura,
Speedy turtle Dive shop on Beach Rd and Quartermaster Rd. # story stone building across from Japinese Tank. ph 234-NAUI. I'll send you a PM with more info

Dale still on a little rock in the Pacific

I will second CARHILL. I just returned from Saipan two weeks ago. Speedy Turtle was very hard to find - they just moved into a new building and there still was no sign up. But once we found them, the American dive guide was very good. Took us to The Grotto. He was watchful of all of us, very courteous, and explained everything before each dive. I was impressed with this little shop.

Jim

Just got back from Saipan. Got in a bunch of diving. Loved it. Could not find Speedy Yertle dive shop at all. Drove around looking for 45 min. I suggest calling Harry Blalock at www.axemurdertours.com He is a PADI MSDT and was a excellent dive guide. Very attentive and willing to go see what you want to see. Very affordable to.
I would deffinitly go back out with him.
Myles

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom