Packing, Travel and Diving Tips for the SURGE to Cayman Brac

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Last two questions :rolleyes: Should we bring a towel to use on the boat? I'm leaning towards no, we won't need it.

Re snorkels, will a travel/roll up one be sufficient? I don't expect there will be any surface swims, so the snorkel would be in case of unexpected issues.

Thanks for all your help:)

Last two questions :rolleyes: Should we bring a towel to use on the boat? I'm leaning towards no, we won't need it.

Re snorkels, will a travel/roll up one be sufficient? I don't expect there will be any surface swims, so the snorkel would be in case of unexpected issues.

Thanks for all your help:)

Unless you have a special towel for your camera gear you prefer, then you don't need to bring one. There will be towels available.

Bring whatever snorkel you feel comfortable with. IMO yours should be fine.

Question - sorry if this was addressed and I don't recall...
Our flight is due to arrive just before noon on the 14th. Since we are getting in relatively early, are we on our own for lunch? Also not sure about dinner - I saw that dinner will not be available during the welcome party the night of the 14th - but will it be provided at all? Just wondering if we should plan on feeding ourselves - good problem to have! :wink:

No worries, lunch and dinner will be provided for those arriving early enough. There are some who won't be arriving until 7:40 PM and will just have enough time to make it to the party.

@Lucia and the rest of the SURGE Crew, my response to Lucia's question was incorrect. Most all inclusive resorts allow you to eat at no charge once on property. Since this is a meal plan package instead, your 1st meal starts after 3 PM check in with dinner. You still may partake of the lunch buffet if you get there early enough or order lunch from the bar otherwise, but you will need to pay for that meal.
Also on the departure, Breakfast is included, but not lunch for those of you with a later flight.

We try very hard to make sure of all the details, but this one slipped by us. :(
Again my apologies for the confusion.

Lunch - 12:30 to 1:30 p.m.
The bar also offers a great menu of food including delicious burgers, fries and salads. Food is served at the bar daily between 12 noon and 9 p.m.
The resort is right next to the airport. You will need to go with the transport included in our package. If you wish to check out local cuisine, you can do that at any other time during the week.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jax
KathyV also posted about the food selection at Grand Cayman Airport in the SURGE Central thread.

There's not many food options in the Grand Cayman airport (GCM). But before you go through security you can go upstairs to the Hungry Horse to get a sandwich, hamburger, or a salad - and it's okay but nothing special. If you have bags there is an elevator to get upstairs. After you go through security there is only one food counter in the departure lounge and it is supplied by the Hungry Horse - and it is even less special - but it's an option if you are hungry.

Does Reef Divers have a "dry room" like Ocean Encounters did in Curacao? It was nice to be able to hang BCD's, wetsuits, fins, etc. and not have to haul them to our room.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom