Packing, Travel, Resort Info, and Diving Tips for the SB SURGE 2019 to Curacao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Richard, as far as I can tell, a collared shirt with short sleeves passes muster. I’m guessing, right along with you, that they don’t appreciate hairy men in tank tops. I reckon a polo-type shirt works, as well.

Are short sleeves okay or are long sleeves required? If the latter, I’ve never encountered such a thing. I’m guessing they just mean no tank tops?

Hi Drrich2,

I read their dress code for men and thought the same thing as you. I am assuming they mean what Dish is assuming.

Dave's thought that "...they don't appreciate hairy men in tank tops" is probably correct and I concur with both--Dave's thought and Sunscape's dress code, if that is their reasoning. Swim trunks and a tank shirt are not appropriate for a nice dinner, IMHO.

We have some cultures around the world where women don't shave legs and arm pits, I hope they are not present while I am eating. What is good for the goose should be good for the gander.

But, life was never supposed to be fair--this buttercup will suck it up and have a good time regardless.

markm

I don't really own any long pants. Will Yoga pants be OK?

I think they make my big butt look really good. :)

Hi Smit,

I am looking forward to meeting you. Old, ugly, bald guys are usually fun to dive with, and after diving, sharing a fine bottle of rum, or tequila, or scotch, or BOURBON.

As I interpret Sunscape's dress code, yoga pants are fine especially if you are "curvy" and your Michelin man tires protrude profusely...:eek:

On that note, have a nice breakfast!

markm

Are short sleeves okay or are long sleeves required? If the latter, I’ve never encountered such a thing. I’m guessing they just mean no tank tops?

T-shirts, polo, Bahama or any other shirt, short or long sleeve, as long as it's not sleeveless. I don't recall shoes being that much of an issue. They may be laxer when we get there but it's better to be prepared.

Is there an advantage to pulling local cash from an ATM or is the exchange rate pretty much honored all over the island?

Like in Mexico if you get away from the tourist areas the peso will go a lot further than American cash will.

Is there an advantage to pulling local cash from an ATM or is the exchange rate pretty much honored all over the island?

Like in Mexico if you get away from the tourist areas the peso will go a lot further than American cash will.

That I'm not really sure of, sorry.

The exchange rate is fixed. A bit of local currency is handy for small stuff like beach entry fees, parking, and such, but not needed in a big way. Have fun. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom