PADI AOW - why?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you plan to pursuit the higher level certification then Advanced OW is a must. But if you only a fun diver who love to learn by doing, don't Put Another Dollar In (PADI) ... :)
I have many fellow divers who are mostly experienced and knowledgeable but only have the basic certification like Open Water, it is all depend on what you need ...

If I was going to do my AOW again I would try to get a lot more out of it. At the time, I thought it was just five supervised adventure dives. All I wanted was the qualification, and to learn how to navigate. We just did the bare minimum (I didn't really learn even how to navigate properly) and later, when I helped out elsewhere as a DM trainee on AOW, I realised how much extra instruction you can have with AOW and how I didn't get it. I would say don't treat it as just 5 supervised adventure dives - make sure they teach you properly too and that you will feel confident with those types of dives afterwards, otherwise it's a waste of money.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom