Padi & Asthma

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interesting. Why do you think the dive Op needs to know your personal medical information?

You are certified. Good to go?

Have you had a rental car agency ask invasive personal health questions?

Because the dive op is held responsible for your safety in a way that car rental operations are not.

Reactions: Zef
The dive operator should give you a basic questionaire on your medical history. If you answer yes to any of the questions then you have to have a a signed permission from a doctor to be able to dive. These are usually valid for up to 12 months. one of the questions does ask about asthma. As for insurance, I dont believe it is mandatory but I definitely reccomend it.

So long story short, Yes you will need a new medical and will for every year you continue to dive.

This is true in some locations, but not all by a long shot. Outside of classes, I've had precisely one dive operator ask anything about my medical history. All the others were satisfied with a cert card saying I'm a certified diver. Dive shops in Grenada, Bahamas, United States, Mexico, and Aruba had no interest in asking about my medical history...

Back
Top Bottom