PADI C Cards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This should server as a reminder to everyone to take pictures of your cards and make a photocopy backup.

Mine are on my phone and on the cloud :) Very ethereal.

My girlfriend wants a new card because her instructor took her picture right after she removed her hood after a dive. She has plans for revenge.

It is a good story but doesn't sound quite right. To be certified, the instructor has to send in a form - or do it on-line -- that requires a picture. The cetification is then on file at PADI HQ. Yes, the card is incidental, but the certification itself rquires a picture. Similarly with an email address for the student. No email, no certification.

My NAUI cards don't have any pictures.

My NAUI cards don't have any pictures.

To go diving with an dive op that requires certification, do you have to show 2 forms of ID and a credit card? I've actually dived with one shop where the only C-card necessary is a CREDIT card. Sad, but true. And who said Cash is King! I don't like my picture being online. Whenever I find it there I try very hard to have it eliminated. Unfortunately, PADI has it, but I can change it. Guess what it will soon be. Hint: Look at to the left of this post.

Cheers -

To go diving with an dive op that requires certification, do you have to show 2 forms of ID and a credit card? I've actually dived with one shop where the only C-card necessary is a CREDIT card. Sad, but true. And who said Cash is King! I don't like my picture being online. Whenever I find it there I try very hard to have it eliminated. Unfortunately, PADI has it, but I can change it. Guess what it will soon be. Hint: Look at to the left of this post.

Cheers -

Is that picture the result of too many margaritas? :wink:

Gee, like I said before, hardly anybody ever actually wants to look at my C-Card. They do, as you said, want to look at my credit card. I was so excited when I first got my card and I probably showed it twice in 40 years. When I book online for a trip they seem to look me up by my card numbers. One place in Costa Rica said they even found my original certification, and NAUI told me they didn't have any records that went that far back. I had sent them copies of my old C-Cards when I asked for a card that said something other than "Scuba Diver" on it so I guess they updated their records. That's good to know in case I ever lose my up-to-date card, plus my oldest card got me the MSD card without having to take 10 more courses. I'm not sure that I like having my birth-date on my card, especially with the talk of banning older divers from some dive boats. Heck, I'm in better shape than most guys twice my age!

Is that picture the result of too many margaritas?
No. It's the result of needing at least ONE MORE. That way I wouldn't have taken the selfie, which that is by the way. But thanks for noticing. :rofl3:

Cheers -

Edit: - I'll bet your thinking, "Man, that is one ugly dude!" You'd be right. THAT'S why I don't want my picture online. I couldn't handle the sympathy. - M²

Last edited:
I like a nice card because my (meager) certifications are a source of pride for me.

Mine are on my phone and on the cloud :) Very ethereal.

My girlfriend wants a new card because her instructor took her picture right after she removed her hood after a dive. She has plans for revenge.

You think that's bad? My first C-card photo was taken right after I came out of the lake.... lake snot all over me.Talk about embarrasing. :wink:

Every dive op I dive with wants to see my C-card at least once. LOBs want to see my DAN card. Everybody (in general) wants to see my credit card. I've got ALL three...let's go diving...:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Speaking of c-cards and credit cards, does PADI have a co-branded credit card, like a PADI Visa, for example? With PADI getting into the travel business, it seems like it's right up PADI's business alley. A PADI Visa that also serves as a c-card would be pretty cool.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom