Padi certification fee amount ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hcklo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi, i would like to know what is the certification anual fee for a divemaster in PADI. I know it is depending in what continent you are, I would like to know the price for each continent.

Thank you for your help !

Looks like in Thailand it’s $210 AUS (Asia)
In North America it’s $123 US

That’s application fees not renewal, sorry.

Awesome, in UK it seems to be 82£, someone has midle east, Latino America, Africa info?

I have searched the PADI Pro's sight and for the life of me cannot find any info regarding renewal costs. Does anyone have a clue where PADI has membership renewal rates hidden away?

-Z

I have searched the PADI Pro's sight and for the life of me cannot find any info regarding renewal costs. Does anyone have a clue where PADI has membership renewal rates hidden away?

-Z
You have to get the annual PADI Price List from PADI sales, item #10160.
Right now the DM annual renewal fee in the US is $188, or $162 for online renewal, or $132 for auto-renewal.

You have to get the annual PADI Price List from PADI sales, item #10160.
Right now the DM annual renewal fee in the US is $188, or $162 for online renewal, or $132 for auto-renewal.

Thanks. I received that price list in an email months ago...I just could not find it on there site.

-Z

What happens if you don't renew -- do you lose the certification entirely, or is it just suspended until you re-activate?

If not renewed you are not considered 'in status' and therefore not able to identify as a DM. Once renewed your status is reactivated. Different story for instructors though.

What happens if you don't renew -- do you lose the certification entirely, or is it just suspended until you re-activate?

If you don't renew I believe there is a reinstatement fee for when you do reactivate and after a certain number of years of inactive/not renewed status PADI can stipulate that must you retrain/re-certify before changing your status to active. The idea is that if you plan to work as a professional in the future it would be less expensive and less of a pain to maintain the active membership than to go through the re-certification process.

I am also a ski instructor certified by the Professional Ski Instructors of America (PSIA), and if I let my membership dues lapse or I fail to maintain my professional certification by obtaining continuing education credits from seminars and clinics I will have to re-test in order to re-certify which would be a financial burden and a pain in the behind. But my PSIA professional membership gets me some sweet Pro deals (@ 40-50% off retail prices for equipment and dealer friends and family prices on volkswagon cars to name a couple) plus the clinics and seminars are typically on the snow and equate to very focused high level instruction focused in making participants both better skiers and better instructors for a nominal fee that non-instructors would have to pay hundreds of dollars for anything similar. That makes it worthwhile to maintain my cert.

Unfortunately for DMs there does not seem to be any special industry incentives out there like there seems to be for dive instructors so there is not as much incentive to maintain the cert if you are not planning to work as a DM.

-Z

Back
Top Bottom