padi dive table

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brand0n:
no the 575$ did not include any boat dive i had two dives from a beech.
im starting the advanced course now and thats another 575$
autont.exe error when trying to run the charts.

Hey Brandon, I think it's time to move. It's probably warmer out west, and a lot cheaper too.

AOW classes here are about $200 + cost of crew pak. These include shore dives. Though a few places offer boat dives for a bit more.

As to the lack of the PADI RDP. I learned in Cairns, Australia, where they lent us the course material, including the dive tables, in order to keep costs down for us. Though at $575, I don't know what costs were being kept down for you. I think I paid about $250 for the course, and 2 days out on the Great Barrier Reef, including meals. Oh what competition can do to bring prices down.

- ChillyWaters

NL, Newfoundland is part of canada. there are no other instructers around corner brook where i live so i dont have much choice then to pay the high cost i need these courses :(

Diesel298:
it boggles the mind
somone would soend hours of there time to look around and find one for less money
its 15 bucks..
support you LDS
if its too much to spend.. mabye SCUBA isnt a activity for you
what are ya gona do when your regs need servive?

Amen!

ChillyWaters:
Hey Brandon, I think it's time to move. It's probably warmer out west, and a lot cheaper too.

AOW classes here are about $200 + cost of crew pak. These include shore dives. Though a few places offer boat dives for a bit more.

As to the lack of the PADI RDP. I learned in Cairns, Australia, where they lent us the course material, including the dive tables, in order to keep costs down for us. Though at $575, I don't know what costs were being kept down for you. I think I paid about $250 for the course, and 2 days out on the Great Barrier Reef, including meals. Oh what competition can do to bring prices down.

- ChillyWaters
By not requiring you to purchase (and keep for your future reference) the book and RDP, I would think that that dive shop is doing a bad job of risk management should someone get hurt. Maybe Australian liability laws are different from those in the states,

BrandON
That's about the going rate for PADI courses. I haven't aken any yet for exactly that reason. My understanding is that PADI International set the prices for the manuals, tables, etc. as well as the course offering, and the certifiaction (registration) fees. They don't say that a price has to be or is all inclusive. That's what drives me nuts.

For example the Dive Maters course has been advertised as $550.00 Candian (the big pink country to your north on the map for people from the lower 48). that does not include all the textual material or the registration fee or any boat dives or necessarily any gear you may need. By the time I priced out the $550. course it was going to cost over $800 dollars. (For people in the states you don'y really need to do any math to figure out what that is in American dollars when everything is compared between the erconomies itn all comes out in the wash) expensive.

The big problem is if you want to make the step to professional (read paid) you have to go with the certifiactions that the employers in your area want. Here that tends to be PADI . It sucks, but it's life.

I just wished the "advertised price" for something was the "actual price" they can leave out the tax but don't leave out required materials....... Let us see what it is going to be before we start to haggle.

Sue

Sue

I have an SSI dive table and recently bought the PADI OW kit for my kids so they can learn and noticed that there is a little bit of a difference in the tables. I got my SSI table back in 1995 when I first certified. Have the tables changed or are they different depending on who makes them?

Brand0n:
just wonderin if anyone new of any online sources for dive tables for recreational no decompression diving, i could have bought one of my instructer but there 15$ but i thought i might be able to find one online to print. can anyone help me out ?

thanks

Look on eBay...Someone always seems to be posting one for sale...

Then BID and BID OFTEN :D

Paul in VT

If you did not get your course materials to keep for that amt of money you got ripped off. I would call PADI's quality control dept and inform them of this. Are you going to get to keep your AOW materials? If not you are getting screwed here also. In your open water crewpak you should have gotten a DVD or video tape, your manual, and a copy of the rdp with instructions for use. It sounds like this shop is a fly by night operation who is trying to cut as many corners as possible. These are the types of ops that give all agencies a bad name especially PADI. If you do not want to ID the shop publicly here PM me and I'll call PADI and find out why this is being allowed. As for costs they do vary by course. 550 Cdn for DM is not bad. Mine is 450 US plus course materials. Includes any necessary pool and OW dives. BTW If one is taking DM additional gear should not be an issue. If you are doing DM and don't have all the necessary gear by then you might want to rethink if you are really ready for the course.

cfsdiver18:
I have an SSI dive table and recently bought the PADI OW kit for my kids so they can learn and noticed that there is a little bit of a difference in the tables. I got my SSI table back in 1995 when I first certified. Have the tables changed or are they different depending on who makes them?
PADI did a bunch of their own testing of dives and repetitive dives typical for recreational divers. The result was the current PADI table. Before that, PADI, like many others, simply rebranded the US Navy tables.

Many (most?) agencies still use the US Navy tables, although the limits have been reduced a bit to make them more conservative.

A subtle difference that makes a huge difference in repetitive diving is that the pressure groups in the recreation scuba oriented PADI/DSAT table is based upon a 60 minute halftime compartment. That W,X,Y,Z rule that requires extended SIs for 3 or more dives where any dive reaches W,X,Y, or Z accounts for those unusual cases where a compartment with a halftime greater than 60 minutes is the controlling compartment.

The pressure groups of the Navy/Naui/SSI/YMCA/??? tables are based upon the 120 minute compartment, although this compartment is only important for very long shallow dives such as would occur when working on the hull of a ship using surface supplied air. In recreational scuba, basing the pressure groups on the 120 minute compartment simply results in poor tracking of actual decompression status and unecessarily short allowed repetitive dive times.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom