Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Passing exams has to do with self confidence. And one way to increase the self confidence of your students is to practice more theory exams than PADI provides you. This can be done in different ways, by website, by self made exams, by dive theory online etc. I think this is an excellent service of a CD if he/she does this. We, course directors, are not there to meet the minimal requirements for our students. We are there to make them instructors. That they have the confidence to teach.

A great resource, Thank you.

For my Dive Master, I was pretty confident going in. Although I got a combined total of 91%, I should have done better.

I'd reinforce - read the question and the answers (to establish the units) Also if the answer you work out doesn't match any of the answers printed. Read it through again (My example is I skip read a question and assumed it wanted me to work out the PO2 of oxygen where in fact it wanted me to work out the PO2 of nitrogen.

My weakness was the RDP It had been 10 years since I'd used one and I assumed it would all come back. Often the questions are linked requiring you to use the answer from one to work out the next . If you get the first one wrong you'll get the others wrong too. Practice with the RDP and eRDP until you have it down pat.

Don't forget your reading glasses if you need them. I did and had to use the large Demo RDP as I couldn't read the standard size.

On my recap I knew all of the answers except 1 Not reading the question and going too quickly cost me some marks

The one exception was one answer I did and still do disagree with. But I'm a metallurgist so have a different perspective...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom