PADI DSD Leader internship form?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seaweed Doc

MSDT
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
HI All,

I just completed the DM course and mailed paperwork to PADI on Friday, so I'm not a DM until they approve, insurance is dealt with, etc.. A LDS offers DSD experiences in the pool only, and I have the chance to do one of the four internship DSD sessions required to add the "DSD Leader" designation to my DM with this shop soon. My understanding (please correct me if wrong) is that I could do the 4 DSD's under 4 different instructors, and each would sign off on a form when I help in their DSD program.

However, since I don't have access to the PADI Pros site, I can't download the form myself. Would anybody be willing to verify that this is the correct version of the form? https://www.a1scuba.com/documents/f...Discover-Scuba-Internship-Completion-Form.pdf

It's dated 07/09, so it's a little long in the tooth.

As background, DSD programs aren't "big" here in the cold water, and the opportunity to do an internship in one is thus rare. I'm guessing in more tropical locales you could knock out 4 of these in a few days running, whereas you might get one every 3 weeks or so up here.

Thanks for any advice you all can provide!

you are correct

Attachments

• 10151_DSDintern_13v105FFSV.pdf
    468 KB · Views: 256
Ya I'd never do any open water DSD classes up here in the Pacific Northwest but with some advertising our pool DSDs are pretty popular.
Before I became an instructor I got certified to do the DSDs as a DM and it was an excellent step into finding out if I wanted to become an instructor or not.

PADI also will credit your account with the DSDs so when you become an instructor you can use those towards moving up the ranks if you want.

PADI also will credit your account with the DSDs so when you become an instructor you can use those towards moving up the ranks if you want.

are you sure about that? I've been under the impression that programs conducted as a DM don't count towards instructor counts. That is my assumption whcih I'd love to have disproven.

are you sure about that? I've been under the impression that programs conducted as a DM don't count towards instructor counts. That is my assumption whcih I'd love to have disproven.

You can log onto PADI right now as a DM and see your student counts.
If your only a DM (with rating) you would only have DSDs and Scuba reviews/refresher/reactivates listed under your student counts.

Once you become an instructor the student counts just keep on growing they don't erase or remove them.
Your certified to conduct the classes as a DM -- So if you think about it why would the credit for conducting the class change?

Or -- They left mine all alone and credited me so I assume they credit everyone else also.

DSD’s and ReActivate programs conducted as a DSD Leader / DM do count as “Teaching Experience Equivelants” towards MSDT, Master Instructor, and Course Director requirements. Five Reactivates = 1 Open Water Diver Certification, five DSD = 1 Open Water Diver Certification. There are limits. Master Instructor has a maximum of 75 Open Water Diver teaching equivelants...or 375 DSDs.

New instructors who have been DSD Leaders and have a large number of DSD registrations quickly meet the 25 Diver Certification MSDT requirement once they have their 5 Specialty Instructor Certifications.

DSD’s and ReActivate programs conducted as a DSD Leader / DM do count as “Teaching Experience Equivelants” towards MSDT, Master Instructor, and Course Director requirements. Five Reactivates = 1 Open Water Diver Certification, five DSD = 1 Open Water Diver Certification. There are limits. Master Instructor has a maximum of 75 Open Water Diver teaching equivelants...or 375 DSDs.

New instructors who have been DSD Leaders and have a large number of DSD registrations quickly meet the 25 Diver Certification MSDT requirement once they have their 5 Specialty Instructor Certifications.
that's great to know

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom