[PADI] how to look up a certificate without logging to Pro zone and "losing a card"?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vovanx

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
a few years ago there was a secret "Student Lookup" page: -Student Lookup
but since 2019 it is broken, I think intentionally (because it's PADI :) ) : Error -Student Lookup

does anyone know how to look up a certificate without logging into a Pro zone or using a "lost a certification card" function?

also, does anyone know how to prevent this forum from fetching link contents and display an URL itself? i.e. i want to see "http:// web.archive.org/ blabla" instead of "Student Lookup" title.

Google gave me a cached link similar to the one you're looking for: Student Lookup
I'm guessing it's something a registered shop could use to lookup students and your average Joe shouldn't be able to see this?

Google gave me a cached link similar to the one you're looking for: Student Lookup
I'm guessing it's something a registered shop could use to lookup students and your average Joe shouldn't be able to see this?
Works perfectly!
I just retrieved the data of my son, who was pickpocketed of his wallet containing his cert card one month ago.

Try Scuba Earth at https://www.scubaearth.com - this worked for me a moment ago.

When googling for Scuba Earth, I found that there is a student lookup associated with Scuba Earth (i.e. Scubaearth Student Number Lookup), however this does not work. Filling out the online form and clicking OK will result in an email in your inbox from PADI thanking you for your interest in Scuba Earth

****, PADI added a CAPTCHA there too :( this is the reason why I don't want to use "certificate recovery" page - I'm trying to automate certificate lookup in different diving agencies.
yes, this one belongs to a dive shop, but Google is not an average Joe :wink:

Try Scuba Earth at https://www.scubaearth.com - this worked for me a moment ago.
Well, this worked only partially for me. I entered the data of my son, and here is what I have got:
Student-Number.png

so apparently this web site did find the data, but these results is not displayed, it is sent to an unknown E-mail address (possibly the E-mail which is stored in PADI database).
Does anyone have an idea on how to learn which E-mail was associated with my son's inscription?
He was 12 years old at the time, and he was not using E-mail at all, so I have no idea of what was the E-mail address associated with his PADI registration...

I must correct myself. What's happened is that the web site did send an Email to my current E-mail address, which, I suppose, they "sniffed" thanks to a cookie or something similar (I did not enter it anywhere!).
Here the E-mail received:
Image2.png

So now I know the student number of my son. But this indeed is not enough for ordering online the replacement card, as during the procedure requires one is asked to login with username (E-mail address) and password, and I do not know any of them...

It works but doesn't show all my certs.

It works but doesn't show all my certs.
it is very likely that some of your certs were issued under a "different" name. mike vs michael, middle initial vs no middle initial, caps vs lowercase. call PADI directly and they can fix that over the phone.

Back
Top Bottom