Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spencerthePA

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looking for recommendations to take the PADI IDC Staff Instructor Course in the Caribbean region. I am a MSDT working part time in the Los Angeles area and my girlfriend is currently working on her divemaster candidacy. When she is finished we would like to move somewhere tropical and work as dive professionals for a couple years. She would likely continue into an IDC program wherever we ended up.

Also I am very interested in beginning Tec training, so anywhere that also has strong tec instuctors would be huge plus.

It would probably be helpful is you specified what technical diving interests you have. If you are interested in learning cave diving, then I suppose an obvious choice would be to move to the Mexican Riviera Maya area. If you are more interested in deep wrecks, another area might be better. I don't know.

Subway Watersports on Roatan, Bay Islands of Honduras! Our class sizes are small and personal and our Course Director is a gem. If you'd like more details on rates, dates and all the fun stuff, please feel free to contact us at internship@subwaywatersports.com. We are happy to put you in contact with former candidates for a more personal insight into our programs as well. Best of luck with your search and future pro diving endeavors!

Thanks for the quick responses guys.

Truthfully I'm more concerned about the quality of instructor training I can find and would receive, for both my girlfriend and I. For now the short term goal is to continue my own education as a dive professional possibly making it to Course Director with PADI or crossing over to another agency.

The Tec diver training would be a PLUS. I have had no previous tec training (though I read up on it frequently), and am very curious person in regards to all aspects of technical training. So somewhere with a very strong fundamentals and/or intro program would be a huge bonus.

Cozumel
Looking for recommendations to take the PADI IDC Staff Instructor Course in the Caribbean region. I am a MSDT working part time in the Los Angeles area and my girlfriend is currently working on her divemaster candidacy. When she is finished we would like to move somewhere tropical and work as dive professionals for a couple years. She would likely continue into an IDC program wherever we ended up.

Also I am very interested in beginning Tec training, so anywhere that also has strong tec instuctors would be huge plus.

Utila Dive Center in the Bay Islands of Honduras with Andy Phillips.

I am in Cozumel now working on my DM, Andy is high recommended by 2 instructors I am living with,

GUE.

Hi @spencerthePA

Check with Divetech, maybe this could work out for you Divetech Grand Cayman is hiring now I don't know if they offer all that you need, their tec training is very strong

Are there a lot of popular tec dive sites on GC?

We're going there for the first time early next year and will be diving with Divetech. Would definitely be interested in training there down the road.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom