PADI IE Standards Exam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

craig chamberlain

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi Everyone

as i am doing my idc and ie very soon i was wondering if any one has or could direct me to a place with some old/mock standards exams.

cheers
craig chamberlain

I wouldn't worry a great deal, don't be lackadaisical either, about the standards exam since it is open book. The key to studying for the standards exam is to know where to find the information.
Studying using old exams may do more harm than good since some of the standards have changed.
JMO

I just recently took my IE - The standards exam really is very simple as long as you are comfortable with your instructor manual! Plenty of time to go through and look things up as long as you have some idea about where to find them. I might still have a recent practice exam sitting around... PM me if you're interested.

As has already been said (and probably can't be said enough), become familiar with your instructor manual. Knowing what is going to be found in which section or even on specific pages is important because it will save you A LOT of time flipping pages. For example, if you're comfortable enough with the manual, given a question about a specific course, you'll know (or at least have a good idea) whether the Course Guide is going to give you the information or if it's going to tell you to refer to General Standards and Procedures... you'll also know a bunch of the answers without having to look them up.

the IDC is designed to help you get more comfortable finding information in the IM. Especially the latter prsentations regarding the OW course, AOW course, Rescue course and DM course. These presentations have built-in quizzes where the candidates need to find the answers in their IMs. After these pesentations, you should be pretty familiar with the layout, and will be able to find the info more readily.

For practise standards exams, it's best to speak to your Course Director...

I wouldn't worry a great deal, don't be lackadaisical either, about the standards exam since it is open book. The key to studying for the standards exam is to know where to find the information.
Studying using old exams may do more harm than good since some of the standards have changed.

JMO

Some great advice. Learn where to look for the information.

To help you do this, if your version of the Instructor Manual permits it, BOOKMARK pertinent pages. For example, the Key Standards Chart "Summary of PADI Courses & Programs" on page 24 of the 2012 Instructor Manual is very useful.

Bonne chance,

They permit you to use an electronic Instructor Manual. The benefit to that, is that as a PDF the whole document is searchable with a key word. That can be helpful in a pinch.

... Learn where to look for the information.

To help you do this, if your version of the Instructor Manual permits it, BOOKMARK pertinent pages. For example, the Key Standards Chart "Summary of PADI Courses & Programs" on page 24 of the 2012 Instructor Manual is very useful.

Bonne chance,

I just took it Saturday (2 days ago) and what helped me the most was having a tab on the Table of Contents. I was able to look up each section's page number quickly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom