PADI Instructor to Naui Instructor crossover.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MapeDogg

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all,

I am a PADI OWSI looking to crossover to NAUI due to many divers in my area being affiliated with that agency. My question is, what are the steps I need to take in order to make this happen? I talked with a NAUI Instructor trainer who said he wanted to put me through a full Instructor Training Course but I really don't want to spend that kind of $$$ just to get crossed over. Any help is appreciated!

Hello MapeDogg. The steps to becoming a NAUI Instructor are the same whether you are starting fresh as a DM or coming from another agency. You should contact a NAUI Instructor Trainer or Course Director and discuss entry into the ITC. What a NAUI IT or CD may chose to do is to give you credit for some of the skills and learning you may have attained through PADI. There are some things that you just cannot exempt from and they will spell those things out. NAUI recently voted to make some significant changes to its Leadership pathways so the criteria may be different in a month or so. My honest opinion is that if you want to be a NAUI Instructor then just take the full course. Learn NAUIs approach to diving and dive education. As a NAUI Instructor you are eligible to become a NAUI Instructor Trainer. How can you train someone else to be a NAUI Instructor when you yourself have not been through the full course? Personally I don't do cross overs. Everyone who trains with me at the professional level has to do the full course. No exceptions and no exemptions. Other CDs may feel differently. If it is important to you to become a NAUI Instructor then the cost should not be a deterrent.

As I understand, the NAUI FIT program will soon be a requirement of all NAUI AI and DM courses and crossovers.

They have and it will be a big component of the CD/IT requal for 2016

I'm not familiar with the requirements for PADI so I can't answer that. For NAUI the requirements are 2 deep dives with a max depth no deeper than 130 feet. You must be an Advanced Diver to enter the course. There are academic requirements as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom