PADI lacking Solo Diver course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I thought you wanted a country without restrictive laws? The boat tenders freedom to shoot you in the water and leave you to the sharks is his right under such circumstances. :wink:

Besides, what does a Solo Diver have to fear from pesky mortars and the odd sniper? :eyebrow:

It would not be nearly as risky as you suggest. I think you are more likely to surface intact and find you boat tender has joined with the pirates who will be notifying your family of the need to come up with a couple million in ransom. If they shoot you, they don't get the cash.

Yes, a country without restrictive laws is a libertarian paradise!

Maybe you can get a job as a somali diver then the hijacked boats wouldn't see you coming.

When the putty hits the fan you need to be able to handle it and understand these risks before you get into the water. This is the basic topics that are/should be covered in all training. Solo diving is no different to any other type of dive. Understand the risk and life by your choice. These attributes are but not limited to:

Gas Management & Planning
Dive Planning
Dive Risk & Benefit Assessment
Self Rescue & Safety
Problem Solving & Elimination
Equipment & Configuration and Redundancy
Physical & Mental Evaluation
Common Sense!!!!!!!!

When the putty hits the fan you need to be able to handle it and understand these risks before you get into the water. This is the basic topics that are/should be covered in all training. Solo diving is no different to any other type of dive. Understand the risk and life by your choice. These attributes are but not limited to:

Dive Planning
Self Rescue & Safety
Common Sense!!!!!!!!

All of which should have been covered in OW class because all of this is directly related and important to buddy diving as well.

Bob
-------------------------------------
I may be old, but I’m not dead yet.

Dive Planning
Self Rescue & Safety
Common Sense!!!!!!!!

All of which should have been covered in OW class because all of this is directly related and important to buddy diving as well.

Bob
-------------------------------------
I may be old, but I’m not dead yet.

True, but most of those topics are covered in follow-on classes or elective specialties ... and gas management isn't covered at all anymore at the recreational level ... not if you're strictly following agency standards anyway ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Actually bob. There is greater emphasis on gas planning in the new PADI OW course compared to the older version.

Actually bob. There is greater emphasis on gas planning in the new PADI OW course compared to the older version.

... that's progress ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom