PADI manual pages

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

At least for open water, PADI's eLearning is pretty good. It repeats every point twice, typically just a little differently. It has both audio, text, and video of each point. Along with quizes and chapter exams. Granted I think they could've removed a little of the equipment advertising, but I don't feel ripped off for the $170 I think I paid for it. Now the nitrox eLearning was expensive for amount of content.

students can keep a copy but the instructor has to keep the originals just asked headquarters .....
that is 100% incorrect.....

that is 100% incorrect.....
Nope. That understanding still strongly persists, but is no longer true. See @tursiops earlier reply.
I don't understand this statement, and would like to know more about what the question actually was, what the answer actually was, and who provided the answer. It has been some time (13 years) since Knowledge Reviews needed to be handed in; all the instructor needs to do is ascertain and note that the KR was completed. No copies or originals needed. See Traning Bulletin 3rdQ 2006. No change to this seems to have been published.
Knowledge Review Administrative Option:
Retain or Document Diver Mastery

PADI Scuba Diver, Open Water Diver, Adventures in Diving, Rescue
Diver and Divemaster course standards require you to review completed course knowledge reviews with student divers to assure mastery of the information. For most courses, PADI standards also require you to collect and physically retain the knowledge reviews.
Effective immediately, you have a choice — to either retain knowledge reviews as before, or, document in the student training record that you reviewed the completed knowledge reviews and had the diver sign the knowledge reviews verifying understanding. This change aligns knowledge review documentation options with the PADI Scuba Diver and Open Water Diver course standards (as announced in the Fourth Quarter 2005 Training Bulletin).
Adventures in Diving, Rescue Diver and Divemaster course instructor guides will be revised to allow you to document diver mastery and review of knowledge reviews (rather than physically retaining them) as an option.
And @abnfrog correction of his own statement.
sorry what I was told was that IF you don't retain the kr you are not AS defensible so not really sure if they (padi would do if it went to court ) as peter meyer told me (dive insurance guru) if you don't have the paperwork it didn't happen .......so I do keep them

Back
Top Bottom