PADI nightmare in Spain!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pagtrac

New
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Having been a seasonal DM in Spain since 2005, never bothered with the IDC because either dashing back to earn a living in UK, or working the relentless season, but, not getting any younger, got the Crewpack, booked the IDC online, in Nov last year, and booked the IDC in June here in Spain right at the start of the season here. Got myself right up to speed, and 1 week before the start of the course, they cancelled both IDC and IE due to lack of candidates. Tried to sort one out down south, only one I could find in the entire country, a 10 hour drive but so wanted to do it given all the hours of practice and books, but that too was cancelled due to lack of candidates. If I hadn't already invested in the Crewpack and IDC online, I would have crossed to SSI, no shortage of working courses there . . Will have to wait now til October and just hope they don't cancel that. SO frustrating!!!

find a CD that will work with you privately and travel to an IE

I've had that happen a couple of times when taking non pro courses. You'd think it wouldn't be such a problem with the IDC. Yes, frustrating. Our shop offers IDC regularly. Well at least once yearly--there always seems to be enough candidates.

find a CD that will work with you privately and travel to an IE
Yep, so right, I wish I could do it in UK, except I have an ancient ND dry suit with a leak they can't find! And from my Swanage and Wraysbury experiences, my good old semi won't suffice I fear. Also, have this feeling that maybe CDs who work regularly with Examiners know their likes and dislikes maybe? Don't know, maybe wrong . .

I had a similar problem but had not spent any money yet. Was planning on going to the east coast of Florida for the IDC/IE. Was a great deal and one stop shopping. Just before I was set to pay they had a hurricane and cancelled everything. I ended finding an IT for SDI only 2 hours drive from me. We did a one on one class with help from some of the shops DMs. They did it based on my schedule. It took just over a month to get it done. What a great experience. Now working toward my ERDI instructor.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom