Padi Open Water Quizes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jrv331

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
A few months back while on vacation I took the Padi discover scuba course and obtained my scuba card. I want to complete the Open Water course and signed up with a local Padi store to complete the course. I was told that the final exam cover all 5 sections of the manual. When I took my first set of lessions I completed modules 1,2&3 and the instructor tore the quizes out of my book.

Is there any place I can find the quizes on line. Im not looking for the answers just the questions. I want to be sure to review every thing that was covered and my be on the final test. I contacted Padi and cot a canned responses email.

Thanks
John

Just go over the manual with your instructor. The final exam questions are not all just recycled from the quizzes. Rather than fret over the specific questions just review the concepts. If you know the material then you will know the answers, no matter what form they appear in.

I'm not sure what 'card' you got for completing a Discover Scuba experience?

In respect of the exam, you are unlikely to find any copies of the exam online. Even if you did, I can't help thinking that using them for 'review' would defeat the ultimate learning objective.

However, the exam questions are very much similar to the the questions posed in the Knowledge Reviews and Quick Quizzes. If you have absorbed and understood the materials needed to answer those questions, then you won't have a problem with the exam.

Yes, just know the concepts in the manual. The final test (I assume it's still) easy with quite a few questions that just require logic. Except for the few that PADI words poorly.

I have a Padi Scuba Diver Card, I guess it means Im ok to dive with and instructor. I completed modules 1,2&3 and had a test. I did three confined "dives" and two open water dives. Thanks for the tip on the quick quizes section.

Thanks
John

The instructor should be able to work with you, and get through the program.
After getting my AOW with PADI, I took a few SSI (Not PADI) courses; they (SSI) developed the materials so you get to keep the review questions in your book.

I think where the OP is getting confused is just terminology. They are saying DSD but it sounds like they did a RESORT course.

OP- DSD just gives you a nice certificate to hang on your wall and definitely you don't get the PADI OW lesson book.

Back
Top Bottom